Atlanta ABC Choppy

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
Has anyone seen this? It is choppy on ABC (notice it mostly when LOST comes on, as I dont watch much more on ABC). Dont know if this is an Atlanta problem. I have 4 dvr's and it is the same on all. Only on that channel and the SD commercials are fine, HD are choppy as well.

Never seen what you are talking about. Do you have an OTA antenna also that you could compare to?

Has anyone seen this? It is choppy on ABC (notice it mostly when LOST comes on, as I dont watch much more on ABC). Dont know if this is an Atlanta problem. I have 4 dvr's and it is the same on all. Only on that channel and the SD commercials are fine, HD are choppy as well.

Yep - I reported it to DishQuality earlier this week, and they replied and told me they could reproduce it and were in contact with the station. They expected it to be fixed by tonight (Friday).

It only affects HD shows and commercials.

DishQuality is not a form-letter kind of email address. They actually do read and respond, if what you write is worth responding to.

I watch it both. Just depends what is recording and which one I flip to. I'll try to pay attention tonight and see if I notice it.

Well, I showed it to my wife and she cant see it, but me and my son can. Guess some have better eyes than others;). It has been documented before. I believe Chicago was having the same issue a while back, dont know if they got theirs fixed or not. Btw, Im watching via Dish. Do not have OTA. I have 2 722's and 2 622's and they all do it. Hope it is fixed soon.

I noticed this today flipping channels to Harry Potter. I changed to OTA and it was not choppy, only via sat.

I noticed this today flipping channels to Harry Potter. I changed to OTA and it was not choppy, only via sat.

I was watching the NBA basketball this afternoon and it was fine. Then they went to commercials, and an HD commercial from Apple was choppy (just like primetime HD shows). Back to the game and everything was fine.

I hope they fix this soon...

I found this thread via google and registered. We're in Gwinnett, I've seen the choppiness on Lost, and my wife watches Desperate Housewives....she just asked me if I've ever noticed it and pointed it out. It's definitely an issue.

The weird thing is that we're on DirecTV, not Dish.

seems to be a constant problem with the ABC here in Atlanta

I got another email back from DishQuality today. It sounds like something the station has to fix and not Dish, and that Dish has provided them with the solution. It's up to WSB to fix it now.

Hello, Jeffrey.

We noticed this too and escalated it first thing this morning. The
solution is relatively easy to perform so we are pushing for a fix
before tonight's prime time programming.

Regards,
EchoStar Technologies LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

I had the same problem with Charlotte ABC this weekend, it was hard to watch the race. It was fine this morning though.

Also (I know I'm a n00b here, hope this link isn't frowned upon) but others at AVS are reporting the same issue:

ABC HD video content jerky/choppy - AVS Forum

Don't worry about that. We don't look down upon the spread of information here be it links to other sites (as long as you aren't spamming or trying to sell something) or anything else. Some places delete links or ban people for linking, but not satelliteguys. You're safe. :)

Also reported on this forum in the Seattle KOMO thread
Users there also reporting problems out of SLC and Portland with ABC HD feeds for Lost, Greys and now Desperate Housewives.

So they are having problems in a number of markets all with ABC HD feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)