Atlanta HD LiLs

Atlanta LILs

This concerns me because my father-in-law "moved" to Atlanta to get their HD locals. He currently has a 129 setup. He lives in Ozark, AL, near Dothan. Will he fall under the 61.5 spotbeam? If so, he will need to get a 61.5 dish installed. He would have to do it himself since his service address is not where he is living. What dishes, lnb's, switches etc would he need?

Can you tell me if he gets the SD locals off of 110 also?

Anyone have an rough timeframe for the switchover? Like summer, end of year. What dish will it be? Not really concerned about it, just curious. Thanks.

Your look-angle from Atlanta to 61.5° is at 44°. That is a really steep angle. If a tree is 40 feet tall you need to be abotu 42 feet away from it to clear it assuming the dish is at the same level as the base of the tree. The dish will look like its pointing at the tree, but it will be looking well over the tree.

The Azimouth is 145°. (180=due south, 90=Due east) So this is just south of South east in Atlanta (I used 30303 as the zip).

Good luck!
And to follow up, 129 is at about 28°, so 61.5 is almost twice as high in the sky.

I install in Atlanta and have had NLOS on 129 a couple of times.

I don't expect to EVER be treed out on 61.5!

how does someone tell what channels are uplinked to dish that arent turned on yet?My dish setup is a dish pointed at 61.5 and a dish at 110 and 119. I hope they turn them on soon. What 4 digit channels will they be on? I mean the atlanta locals in hd

My new 61.5 works well with ATL stations with minimal rain fade. I 'moved' to Atlanta from western NC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)