Atlantic Bird 1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
Is the Atlantic Bird 1 sat reachable from the east coast (US)? Heard about a french news channel and currently it's the closest sat with it on. Their website says that they will reach other parts of world within 3 years, including N&S America. They are now broadcasting in French, English and Arabic. Would be interesting to see their slant/view of the world.

My HH90 won't swing that far, so maybe they will get it on one of the other sats in the furture.

Don't be supprised if the feed is on a tp that doesn't reach NA. Check the BEAM on Lynsat. If it is not NA (north america), it can't be viewed.

I can get 15.0W Telstar 12 from here in Ontario on my SG2100 mounted dish, but it is only reachable by switching off USALS to 1.2 and tweaking the fine movements. 12.5W is only a few degrees further but is not obtainable from the motor. I now have a standalone dish that I plan to use for further experiments so I have not given up hope.

With regard to footprints, I have managed to pick up feeds from NSS7 at 22W which appears to be pointed at Europe for the most part, so don't give up hope.

If you are looking for French news in French, 79W AMC5 New York Network 2 carries news from Europe in French with subtitles on a regular basis.

colbec,

Thanks for the info on AMC5; haven't used french since college, moved south afterwards...still can read abit, but listening is gone, so I need the sub-titles.

It appears that Telsat 12 has at least one transponder pointed a north america...looks like greek to me :). NSS7 also has a western hemisphere tp, maybe that's what you are seeing...

Atlantic One has one TP aimed at North America and that is
11643 H 2141

Would need a Universal LNB to get it

I have an obstructed view of the East Coast (live on the water) and have yet to hit those bird (mainly because I'm too lazy to poke around).

France 24 was spoken about in the invite only forum. People in NY and DC can get it over cable (MHZ Networks) but I sent an email to the engineer who kind of indicated that he isn't getting it from a bird.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=83645

FWIW I was just able to zero in on 12.5W AB1 using Iceberg's suggested freq. from my longitude at 76.5W. The network identified itself as 'Tecsys', and was broadcasting religious programming in Portuguese (Brazil).

any info on any feeds from this sat (or any far east one), please let us know :)

Just don't post it in the open forum (PM a mod or post in WUT forum)

For the majority of us, this sat (and others) are either unreachable or not within the motorized arc.

Ex I can only go as far as 24W, but I should be able to hit T12 (and maybe this sat) with a stationary sat. If I (and others) knew there were some cool stuff there, it might persuade others to put up another dish :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)