Atlantic Satellites (0 to 61 degrees)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's true of the Central American stuff, provided there is a footprint in the States. Here I can receive Sky Mexico's few ITC channels more or less reliably with a 1.2 meter dish.

How about the west coast? Elevation-wise, Vancouver can see to Superbird B2 at 162E (that's 198W for North Americans). Not sure there's much of a footprint from those satellites on us though. And the southern guys must have lots of good South American stuff.

I am receiving MSNBC with 84% on Coolsat and 70% on S9 now. It's 11709 V 3195. It is the first tp I lose when I lose Telstar 12. I receive 10 video channels ITC, 2 of those are just information channels. There are many scrambled channels. And lots of radio channels too.

Cyberham/SatAv,

Thanks for the info on the MSNBC TP. I changed out my Hughesnet oval dish to a 1.2m Channel Master and MSNBC is good now. I've caught up with Cyberham and now get the 10 ch ITC on 15w.
SatAv, I installed the 1.2m inverted as you suggested recently, wow was it weird working with a dish pointed 30 some deg. up in the air to get a sat only 5 deg above my horizon. But it is working good, the dish otherwise mechanically would not go low enough. Thanks for the info.

I have The Arts at 11884 50Q but good steady picture. The sound is very low, have to turn the tv way up to hear it. How is yours?
I haven't caught the 11718 feed yet, I'll watch for it.

I have never received video or audio from Arts. I've only received a weak RF signal (SQ varying 10 to 25% at best) from this DVB-S2 source that I couldn't lock onto with my S9. This is the same for somebody else in Quebec with a 76 cm Winegard who also is watching this tp. Right now, nothing being received. I guess that 1.2m is doing a good job, especially since you are considerably further west, although your more southernly latitude may help. I suspect the beam is focused on the Brazilian market.

To bring this thread up to date, I've recently found what appear to be permanent channels on 8W Ku-band, and just tonight I found a feed on 12.5W Ku-band. So now I've logged an almost-complete set of Ku-band Atlantic satellites visible from central Pennsylvania: 61W, 50W, 45W, 37.6W, 30W, 22W (lots of feeds there tonight), 15W, 12.5W, and 8W.

The only ones I'm missing that are documented as having the capability to beam to my area with enough power to be received on a 36" dish are 58W (no reports seen anywhere from this one in quite a while), 20W (no reports from this one ever AFAIK, since it moved from 22W), and 5W (no reports from this one either, except one person on another forum said he saw a report from Canada once.)

78W, 67W, 55W, and 53W all stop short of this latitude, unless maybe if you have a monster dish. Further south, there may be even more than those visible, but I haven't memorized them if so.

58W Ku-band comes in fine here in Georgia, although the signal suffers on at least half the transponders (and not at all on others). I suppose it's because I'm technically out of the footprint -- yet it still reaches me. It's basically the satellite for SKY Mexico, and other than the promo channels, you can get a picture (but no sound) of Fox News, and sound (but no picture) of Investigation Discovery. I'm sure it's way out of footprint for PA. I've gotten nothing from Ku-band 61W for months (save an occasional transponder with no channels).

4w-5w-11w

All good evening. I will tell as I at home searched itself for distant companions the East-West. =????? = to establish the on the Southern companion the position 28,2e, on the West the motor has moved to 37,5w - on the East to 95,0?.
And if the fixed aerial to me to adjust, the Western companion the worker for my district-47w. th Vostok-100,5e.
On a site =LyngSat=???? the good help. We come on a site, we open any companion which shines on you in your district and there it is specified Azimuth and Elevation where it is necessary to adjust Dish.???? you adjust fixed Dish.
So you in the USA can calculate itself extreme companions that shine on you in your district.
Has looked on card thy C?? there is a companion 4w and the beam =USA Beam=?? on it is not present channels for you. The extreme companion it 4w for you Means itself.
On the companion to 11,0w th frequency 3662 R-10808 1/2 there are 2 Russian channels th Dish it is necessary 1-1,8m and it is better fixed Dish to put.
3 photos are my image. The Photo-.N-4-companion 100,9w-is visible that the program of site LygSat answers that 100,9w to Belarus does not shine. It is an example was
47w.jpg53е.jpg100,5e.jpg110w.jpg4w-СШÐ-Ku.jpg5w-C-.jpg11,0w-C-.jpg

Borisov-54: This is good to know. The Amos3 USA Ku beam would be receiveable in eastern Canada at 63 degrees W. But do you know any active transponders on this satellite? Looking at current lyngsat page, I don't see any using the USA beam.

according to Mike Kohl's list (global-cm.net) there is nothing on 4W that is aimed at North America

His charts are good and appear to be quite up-to-date. But he doesn't show the education channels on 8W that are strong here today. Also, I see an indication of something (signal level but no quality) on 4W at 10722 H 27500 and 10759 H 30000. Lyngsat reports from this year indicate ITC channels on those frequencies. I'm going outside to tweak my dish elevation on the extreme east end of the arc.

Those channels on 8W only appeared a month or two ago, I think.

Good luck with 4W. I can't pick up anything from 5W or 4W, and even 8W is weak for me. Also, either my mount is slipping or the trees are budding too much already, because I'm not getting very strong signals on 15W either. (When the leaves are fully grown, I lose everything below 45W with my motorized dish. I'm thinking about putting up a fixed dish for 30W, but I'm waiting to see if this year's tree growth knocks out 125W, which seems questionable visually. I sure hope not...)

After peaking dish on 15W in elevation and azimuth, I managed to get 60% quality with level oscillating between 58% and 90%. Now 8W is peaking to 39% quality with 62% level with a class in progress in Portuguese on Mega 3. I did a detailed scan on 8W but found nothing else other than mentioned above in #75.

Fall is approaching, leaves are falling, it's dish swinging time. I now have a fixed dish with a good low horizon view to the east to use with my regular motorized dish. Even if USALS isn't quite accurate for you near the eastern end of travel along the arc, you can cheat by slightly modifying the orbital position of a far eastern satellite if necessary to allow USALS to point your dish exactly at that eastern satellite. This is a better cheat than changing your own USALS lat/long coordinates which affects dish aiming to everywhere on the arc. I tried slightly modifying my Telstar 12 @ 15W orbital position and USALS now brings my dish exactly to Telstar 12 now without needing to play with diseqc command bumps back and forth. I "moved" the satellite instead of moving my dish.

Anybody see anything special lately to the east over the Atlantic?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)