ATT Homezone 622HZ Defective?

No Dish, so no pix. I thought I stated clearly above that the box now resets to the 2Wire Homezone initial screen. If you want the scoop, call 2Wire. They will tell you NEW boxes boot with Dish software and that the hard disk repair screen is normal while the box downloads and switches to 2Wire software. Installers prep the boxes as it takes about an hour of unattended activity to transition to the AT&T UI. Replacement boxes sent from Dish ARE NOT pre-prepped.

I also thought the 622HZ was internally a ViP722. It does have a 500gb Western Digital hard drive

Here is the initial Dish screen

This is the screen I have seen on my two replacement 622HZs sent directly from Dish. For me the screen only showed three sats. After it found them it would go to a downloading software screen and eventually pop up the the Homezone disk repair screen above. From there the box would present the intial Homezone setup screen.

On the box I have sitting here, waiting to be picked up by UPS, it appears the Homezone software persists after a factory reset. As I no longer have a Dish dish installed, I can't see where it goes from there.

Post edited to add the pix of the "harmless" and expected disk repair notice for Dish 622HZ replacement boxes. You will see the Dish Setup screen until it finds the sats and then downloads and installs the AT&T software.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 141
The Homezone is a good concept, but the software and the remote make it a big pile of crap!

I had one in the office which I was going to take home, but instead I sold it at a loss to a customer just to get it off of my showroom floor!

Would be nice if someone who just ordered or waiting for install could make startup pictures.

Streaming FW shows update for 622HZ strictly for versions starting from M0.xx, and it totally different from ViP 622/722 with L0.xx.

What difference would it make? I addition to me, slatterie, and cornstalkk, have seen the initial boot to the Dish setup screen that you seem to question the existence of.

hey slatterie, since you are the one person here that has actually had a good experience with the 622HZ, could you report back here when you guys do push the box to its limits, :)

Also, maybe we should start a petition to send to ATT and explain them what a piece of crap their box is and that they should be upgrading all of us for free when they finally fix these stupid issues.

Knowing these guys, they'll probably charge us to 'Upgrade' to the 622HZ box once they get things working right....

Bye Bye HZ!

Just an update....as of today we are getting rid of HZ and should have a nice 722 here on Thursday (no penalty or begging to stay either that should say something about confidence in their product). Our calls were averaging every few weeks for various issues - and this after our box was replaced.

Finally, what did it for us (besides the frequent freezing and rebooting) was that any scheduled recordings were being skipped (didnt matter if it was a series subscription or a one time recording, if selected from either TV or if it was HD or SD), changing channels with the guide would cause a reboot (or if watching a program live then selecting record would do it as well). Everytime it rebooted hubby had to reset the internet firewall connection. This got very tiresome after awhile.

Also, this past week we called because after the latest software update (that had to be done manually twice to take) is that now when changing channels we get a "signal loss" message. The only way to bring the channel back is to select the guide and wait a few seconds. HZ support (which I have to say have been the nicest and fully acknowledged these boxes are seriously flawed) concluded it was an a dish reception issue. Technician came out and said absolutely nothing wrong with reception. So now it was concluded it was the hard drive is dying (we have had this 2nd box less than 5 months).

We could get a 3rd box, but we are a bit tired of beta testing and extremely disappointed with the low space for HD recordings,the fact you cannot hook up an additional hard drive and other features Dish users have that we are blocked out of. The HZ features were only so-so (pictures from computer were thumbnail size, movies not offered in HD and new releases were pretty pricey), so no big loss there.

The fact that on AT&T's website of services it has Phone, Mobility, Regular Dish and U-verse listed should tell one that HZ is not a priority with them and looks like it wont be (esp. if U-Verse expands).

So in other words save yourself some stress and go with regular Dish or DirecTV.

Thanks for following up ! Much appreciated....I've always thought that perhaps I'm a small minority of users that had issues.

Its sad to see these issues are still happening....my box would reboot all the time on channel change....I just got lucky that I noticed it when the Dish tech was still at my house.

It looks like its too much to ask Dish/ATT to have a DVR that streams music/photos , i guess i shouldnt have sold my tivo, :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)