ATT offering unlimited voice to any mobile for free w/ texting plan

<sarcastic ON>

Now come on.... You know that you can't be on 3G. If you had 3G speeds you would easily be able to always get 700K without any problems.

<sarcastic OFF>

We all know the truth to the story on how crappy Sprint can be.

Oh no, he's right. Sprint does have lousy coverage in LA. If you look at the map, the 3G is spotty at best. I'm sure the map was offered to him when he signed up, so it's his own fault for not looking at it. But you're just flat out lying with your 100k in a 'major metro area'.

But you're just flat out lying with your 100k in a 'major metro area'.

Actually I am not but that is OK that you don't believe me as I am more than happy with my current provider now. I wish I would have saved some of the speed tests from the phone as they were very amusing to look at.

And just curious why would I lie about the speeds that I was getting? I have nothing to gain out of it. I have no hard feelings from the time I was on Sprint as I did have fun with the devices that I had. The only thing they did wrong to me was take away my corporate discount on phones 3, 4 and 5. I was not mad about it as they let me out of my contract after 6 months due to this change.

I also will be the first to say that if I had to live with AT&T's edge network, I would be very disappointed with the service. I am lucky and rarely travel out of the 3G coverage and onto the Edge network.

Oh no, he's right. Sprint does have lousy coverage in LA. If you look at the map, the 3G is spotty at best. I'm sure the map was offered to him when he signed up, so it's his own fault for not looking at it. But you're just flat out lying with your 100k in a 'major metro area'.

Nope, I signed up online. And, like an idjit, I assumed that Sprint was like Verizon, if you had good voice, you had good data. Boy did I ever cock that up! Oh, the map looks all green and all....but you try to get decent speed...LOL

Borrowed a friends EVO today and ran a quick speed test. 3G is now 300K with 4G about 4M. Very spotty 4G coverage right now but that is expected with any new roll out.

dangue said:
Interesting, I'll have to see if I qualify for this. I'm on a grandfathered voice package (no mobile to mobile included, but an extra 300 anytime minutes than current pricing), but if this is a change to the unlimited testing plans, I might be able to get this added without losing my old voice package. Thanks for the heads up!

Just got this added to my family unlimited texting plan. I'm surprised they let it be added to my grandfathered voice package (the two big drawbacks of it are the lack of free att mobile to att mobile minutes and that roaming isn't free and this takes care of one). The rep had to ask me to wait several times, but no great difficulties in getting this done. We have a ton of rollover minutes anyway, but it's still nice to have this be unlimited. If I had to guess I'd say this will cover 85-90% of the calls we make.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jesus you TOSU fans are touchy. Sprint is doing a fair job slamming themselves. Continually raising prices and not adding value. AT&T added value to their offering by adopting something Sprint does. Those of us that aren't happy with Sprint see that as Sprint losing another advantage compared to the other providers. Something Sprint cannot afford right now, because with the latest price increase/tax/butt rape 10.00 smartphone fee, MANY of us are gonna be looking for a new provider. Soon. Seems to me AT&T realized this and made themselves more attractive to us.

So, when you look Apples to Apples, with Sprint raising the prices, are they catching up with the other providers prices, or have they passed them, I know what I pay and have EVERYTHING as far as I know.

I apparently spoke too soon this morning. Rather than adding unlimited mobile to universal mobile to my text plan, the ATT rep just managed to remove all texting from all the phones on the account. (so all sent/received texts lost for the day) I call back and am told that my grandfathered package does not qualify. This is what I expected when I called in this morning, so not a surprise. But, since I specifically asked during the call this am and was told that would not be a problem it left me ticked off. Especially the part about removing existing service. Long story short, you have to have one of their current plans to get in on this.

My current grandfathered voice plan.

Got it. Thanks.

I apparently spoke too soon this morning. Rather than adding unlimited mobile to universal mobile to my text plan, the ATT rep just managed to remove all texting from all the phones on the account. (so all sent/received texts lost for the day) I call back and am told that my grandfathered package does not qualify. This is what I expected when I called in this morning, so not a surprise. But, since I specifically asked during the call this am and was told that would not be a problem it left me ticked off. Especially the part about removing existing service. Long story short, you have to have one of their current plans to get in on this.

Well now that really sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)