ATT/SBC dish customer ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really want ESPN2 for the World Cup and locals when they become available here. I don't really care about the Voom channels but it's always nice to have.

The fee is $99.99 to bring the receiver and install it. But that's because I'm adding it to the account. I will call to cancel the 811 maybe after the Super Bowl, just in case the 211 flakes on me.

sdsumann said:
We will have to see, in their earning statement yesterday to analysts they said that the homezone (mediaportal box from sbc) was expected 2nd quarter of this year. It will be interesting to see if they dont allow upgrades until this box comes out and how much this box will be if that happens.
It looks like HomeZone might finally be coming after all. I was worried that Dish nixed it during last year's contract re-negotiations with SBC. I guess not. :D

http://www.sbc.com/gen/general?pid=7466

https://www.sbc.com/Common/files/pdf/ces_video.pdf

https://www.sbc.com/Common/files/pdf/ces_integrated.pdf

Cool!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get it. It only applies for those that have Satellite Television and DSL. I already tried DSL and I'm too far away from the central office so I only get 384 Kbps. According to the techs., nothing they can do.
:(

Got my 211 today but can't say much about it as I just took off for work. Initially, it wouldn't get authorized. The installer called back and they said to wait a few more minutes. I got it authorized and I had audio but no video, reset it to defaults and reboot it the sucker. Video came back and I just left.

I'll deal with the package tomorrow.

Thanks for the link. Good eading but nothing of late on the subject. I'm real interested in to where the investment in the Slingbox is going to lead. Maybe they have given up on the DSL deal. Randall, how was the few seconds of video you did see? Any different?

Actually I got to play around with the 211 a little more tonight and HD and even SD look a little better than the 811. It might be just in my head but the RF output for SD looks a lot better than any of the previous connections (S-Video and Composite) in the 811. I don't see those blocks in SD that were showing in the 811.

I have an HDMI cable coming Saturday or Monday so I'll see if there is any difference between Component and HDMI soon. The only thing I don't like about this new receiver is that you can't adjust the screen and it seems to be off. That's gonna drive nuts watching sports, some of the scoreboards are cut off.

I haven't been able to watch any content in the HD channels yet but Universal looked pretty good in the few minutes that I watched.

Totally forgot about this but I have no commitment with the 211. That was the main reason why I went with SBC/Dish and even after upgrading to the new receiver I can get out whenever I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)