ATT Sues VZW (update suits dropped)

I got both AT&T and Verizon. Verizon is simply a better service, but AT&T has the better Phone so im pretty much stuck with both using my Verizon phone to talk and my AT&T Iphone for Data only.

Let Verizon come out with an Iphone and I will drop them in a minute, pay the cancellation fee to AT&T and even buy a new Iphone if I have to!

Uh... they just came out with a better phone. and its called the Droid. :)

ATT not gonna like the newest ad either. iPhone on the island of misfit toys due to ATT network lack of 3G coverage. Funny ad.

Ramy, Droid is the name of the phone, so only 1 version right now. Android is the OS, the Droid phone is the first one with Android 2.0 OS.

Like many others have said AT&T spend the money on upgrading your lack of 3G coverage. AT&T can thank themselves for others pointing out 3G coverage. Prior to AT&T using it on all their ads Verizon never mentioned 3G in the phone specs or marketing. Now it is every where you look.

For the longest time I didn't understand the appeal of the Iphone. I have a Blackberry Tour and Iphone 2 Generation with 3.0 on it. Once using the Itouch I understood what people like. I like all the apps that are available and many other things. What I don't like is you have to run a new app through Apple before it can be put on the device.

In the end, should Verizon get the Iphone as the latest roamer claims in Q3 2010 it might be my next phone.

ATT not gonna like the newest ad either. iPhone on the island of misfit toys due to ATT network lack of 3G coverage. Funny ad.

Ramy, Droid is the name of the phone, so only 1 version right now. Android is the OS, the Droid phone is the first one with Android 2.0 OS.

Oh ok. I knew Android was the OS. I didn't know there was an actual phone named Droid though, I thought it was a nickname of the OS.

Haha.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JgrBtn8XdU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Verizon Misfit Toys[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9oNBrmv0g&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Verizon Elves[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRIqIWxhTIQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Verizon Blue Christmas[/ame]

These are funny and memorable commercials, no wonder ATT is getting their panties in a bunch.

I bet some heads are going to roll at ATT over this... Where did the last $50 billion in wireless investment go? Almost $20 billion this year...

ATT should have been able to do it for less since they went with GSM, getting the economies of scale of wider GSM support worldwide.

Looks like they were too busy buying up small cell companies instead of actually building a network.

Those are awesome commercials. I love the misfit toys. Poor Apple. They don't have mac-boy to come to their rescue this time. They do the exact same thing against microsoft. Grow a pair.

Those are awesome commercials. I love the misfit toys. Poor Apple. They don't have mac-boy to come to their rescue this time. They do the exact same thing against microsoft. Grow a pair.

It is not Apple that has the problem, it is ATT. Apple reportedly went to VZ first and they turned the iPhone down.

I bet some heads are going to roll at ATT over this... Where did the last $50 billion in wireless investment go? Almost $20 billion this year...

ATT should have been able to do it for less since they went with GSM, getting the economies of scale of wider GSM support worldwide.

Looks like they were too busy buying up small cell companies instead of actually building a network.

I don't know much about the industry, but I imagine a lot of ATT's investment went into expanding and maintaining the best now nearly obsolete network that is out there in their 2G network, leaving them to play catchup with 3G only providers like VZW. Smartphones have really come of age very quickly, much quicker than ATT was probably ready for, and probably thanks in no small part to the iPhone.

Just my impression though, I could be completely wrong.

It is not Apple that has the problem, it is ATT. Apple reportedly went to VZ first and they turned the iPhone down.

Yep - Vz typically wants complete control over the phone's OS and where you can get apps - at least they have historically. No way they were going to let Apple run the show and get cut out of the profits. Doesn't actually look like that bad of a decision now, based on the hit AT&T has taken with the iPhone, compared to the relatively small amount of revenue they get per subscriber.

I wouldn't give Verizon too much credit. They passed on the iPhone, and just recently got around to realizing android was a good idea. If there was a Verizon (or Sprint for that matter) android phone available in Feb. I would have gotten it over the iPhone.

If it was not for the iPhone VZ would have killed the droid with super restrictions and central command and control, if they even let it have downloaded apps. Once people saw what a cell phone could do, they demanded it from all the providers.

I'm pretty sure that once my ATT contract expires that I'll be jumping ship to Verizon or Sprint and get another nice WinMo phone. ATT shows NO signs of improving, and in fact their 3G coverage is getting WORSE in my opinion. At my office in Hartford I used to get a good 3G signal from the garage up to the 2nd floor (where my work is.) Now the service is DEAD in the garage and when I get out it schizophrenically jumps between 3G and EDGE coverage. It also doesn't help that their voice and data plans are almost insultingly expensive, which I'm sure is partly due to all those iPhone users..

These ads are great though. These along with the iDont ads almost make we want to sign up now for Verizon..

More and more signs point to an iPhone like phone from Apple coming to VZ next year. But, it does not appear to be the same as the current iPhone (smaller size).

I see fiber lines being buried all over as I drive around. I wonder if it is all the ATT backhauls to the towers being put in. I have not seen this much fiber activity since the late 90s. If ATT is successful in getting fiber to all their towers this year, upgrading to new technology will be easy for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)