ATT TV live in 10 cities

Here's the breakdown. These prices require a two-year contract and there are taxes and fees for things like RSNs. It's very cable-like, even requiring a special streaming device (you can buy or rent extras after the first one that is provided). They also charge activation and termination fees. And the bundle discount is only for the first year according to this article. I can't believe they expect to attract market share with this.

From the linked article:

The service has four plans which start at $59.99 with a two-year contract:

• Entertainment: $59.99 w/ 70 channels
  • Choice: $64.99 w/ 90 channels
  • Xtra: $74.99 w/ 120 channels
  • Ultimate: $79.99 w/ 125 channels
But just like when you sign-up for Cable or Satellite, those prices are a bit misleading because unlike Live TV Streaming Services, these are just introductory prices and don’t include taxes and fees.

Here's the breakdown. These prices require a two-year contract and there are taxes and fees for things like RSNs. It's very cable-like, even requiring a special streaming device (you can buy or rent extras after the first one that is provided). They also charge activation and termination fees. And the bundle discount is only for the first year according to this article. I can't believe they expect to attract market share with this.

From the linked article:

The service has four plans which start at $59.99 with a two-year contract:

• Entertainment: $59.99 w/ 70 channels
  • Choice: $64.99 w/ 90 channels
  • Xtra: $74.99 w/ 120 channels
  • Ultimate: $79.99 w/ 125 channels
But just like when you sign-up for Cable or Satellite, those prices are a bit misleading because unlike Live TV Streaming Services, these are just introductory prices and don’t include taxes and fees.

Yeah, that's gonna be a non-starter for me.

Considering that you can do a new customer 2-year bundle deal for less money with cable at the same subscription levels, what’s the reason anyone would consider this service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Zookster
Considering that you can do a new customer 2-year bundle deal for less money with cable at the same subscription levels, what’s the reason anyone would consider this service?

Good point. Maybe AT&T is trying to drive people to promo deals for the DirecTV sat service or U-verse by "proving" how much less attractive OTT can be.

Good point. Maybe AT&T is trying to drive people to promo deals for the DirecTV sat service or U-verse by "proving" how much less attractive OTT can be.

I hadn’t thought of that.
Currently I’m on cable with owned TiVo gear. My TV portion with almost every channel they have, including the 4 Premiums is $85/month. I can’t get the programming I want via streaming for less than that.

Reactions: osu1991
I thought Directv did away with promotional offers?

They still do the promo for the 1st year, really jumps the 2nd year.

From what I read they want to get away from offering discounts to stay with them, which might explain why the satellite side of their business lost 900,000 customers this last quarter.

No matter what I would stay away from this service, not enough value for the money charged and I refuse to enter a contract with any service.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

So really no different from the current DIRECTV DBS offering except instead of using their satellites to deliver the content to you, you have to pay for your own internet connection to deliver their content. I wonder if they will be raising the DBS service costs to try to push new customers to this platform?

So really no different from the current DIRECTV DBS offering except instead of using their satellites to deliver the content to you, you have to pay for your own internet connection to deliver their content.

Most people already pay for their own internet anyway. But yes, if you don't, then that makes this deal all the more ridiculous.

Most people already pay for their own internet anyway. But yes, if you don't, then that makes this deal all the more ridiculous.
But now some folks might run into usage cap charges or needing to upgrade their speeds. What really gets me is how DIRECTV had always wanted a closed system so they controlled the entire signal path up to the HDMI connector. Now they seem to have thrown that out the window, I wonder how many calls they will be getting about buffering and outages that they can’t control.

Reactions: navychop
So really no different from the current DIRECTV DBS offering except instead of using their satellites to deliver the content to you, you have to pay for your own internet connection to deliver their content. I wonder if they will be raising the DBS service costs to try to push new customers to this platform?

Charlie would like that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Not if they are using att broadband
But now some folks might run into usage cap charges or needing to upgrade their speeds. What really gets me is how DIRECTV had always wanted a closed system so they controlled the entire signal path up to the HDMI connector. Now they seem to have thrown that out the window, I wonder how many calls they will be getting about buffering and outages that they can’t control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Looks like started today for 10 cities.
ATT TV
AT&T TV: Live TV, DVR, On Demand, Apps & Voice Control

One thing I dont understand or see what if i want this new service on multi SETS.
I assume their box connects and is used by 1 TV only.
Would our other sets in the house have to use some ATT TV app? What about older HD sets that arent smart tv and have no apps.

Jeff

I heard about AT&T's (Direct) new streaming service to try and get subs to move from satellite to streaming. Well, first of all, they have fees, charges, you have to buy their box. It is not anything I would be interested in. If they are trying to attract the cord-cutting group, why not just have an app for Roku or Fire TV without contracts, fees and the like? They may attract more people. Sounds like streaming cable/satellite to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts