Attack of the Puppet People on THIS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
I'm sitting here with my laptop watching FTA and lo-and-behold, this TV features, Attack of the Puppet People. :eek:

Woooo-Whoooo!

I'm sorry folks but FTA has just beat the snot out of the Sci-Fi channel. It just doesn't get any better than 'this'

My wife and I love this new movie channel.

I'm sitting here with my laptop watching FTA and lo-and-behold, this TV features, Attack of the Puppet People. :eek:

Woooo-Whoooo!

I'm sorry folks but FTA has just beat the snot out of the Sci-Fi channel. It just doesn't get any better than 'this'

That's a great old movie. It's available on Hulu here: [ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/12210/attack-of-the-puppet-people"]Hulu - Attack of the Puppet People - Watch the full feature film now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/vB_fc_D1VVwdr_N39rDKHQ@@AMEPARAM@@vB_fc_D1VVwdr_N39rDKHQ[/ame]

Woooo-Whoooo!

It is a concept that is long overdue. Sponsor advertizing on a channel with dedicated programming (movies) free to the consumer.......imagine that! :rolleyes: Same goes for the RTN channels. BTW, WSTV take notice, there is a new kid in town. May be time to upgrade the format.
The local NBC affiliate here carries ThisTv as a sub ch. and all of the cable & pizza users I've talked to dont even know it is available OTA and FREE!
Same goes for the SOAC channel in the TBN mux. It is a sub ch of 14D here too, but so many dont even know it exists. Between it, BFTV, the PBS feeds, and Qubo, I dont get to see much grownup TV on MY sat system when the grands spend the weekend, lol.................time to put up some more dishes huh.
Thank you Comcast, DN and DTV for justifying our existence as informed consumers!

BTW, WSTV take notice, there is a new kid in town. May be time to upgrade the format.

You got that right! Whenever I try to watch WSTV, I switch it off because I seem to tune into movies that are so old, they are barely a notch above silent movies. I cannot relate to the actors or the stories, nor the poor picture and sound quality.

THIS has been offering movies my whole family can watch. We have been able to watch classic science fiction that you never get to see on the Sci-Fi channel (another reason we dumped subscription services).

If other FTA channels follow this lead, we may see less and less infomercials on the air. Wouldn't that be nice?!

You got that right! Whenever I try to watch WSTV, I switch it off because I seem to tune into movies that are so old, they are barely a notch above silent movies. I cannot relate to the actors or the stories, nor the poor picture and sound quality.

The first time I heard what White Springs TV was I was intrigued. I rather enjoy Turner Classic Movies, and thought that another classic movie channel would be great. When I tuned in though, I was less than impressed. I realize that the guys running WSTV probably don't have Ted Turner's resources, but a better selection of classic movies would definitely draw more viewers.

WSTV is a classic FTA staple no doubt, but with ThisTV, RTN, ION and the like to compete with, I feel their days are numbered. I dont know how they even stay on.
The content is one thing, and nostalgia has it's nitch market, but the quality is gawd awful. I remember watching much of that 30's and 40's stuff well into the 60's on B&W tv and it wasnt THAT terrible. Even the few 'quality' movies I've watched are horrible rebroadcasts. It would be nice to see it evolve to something similar to ThisTV or RTN, or a cross between the two, like AMC mets TVland.
Another good one is AmericanLife TV. You DCII'ers know about it. It's a shame it's not on DVB for everyone to see and enjoy.

Do WSTV and This TV operate the same business model? Isn't WSTV FTA only? It appears This TV is looking to be picked up on OTA sub-channels or do I have this wrong? If not, WSTV serves as a nice beacon with occasional content of interest and I'd hate to see it go.

Do WSTV and This TV operate the same business model? Isn't WSTV FTA only? It appears This TV is looking to be picked up on OTA sub-channels or do I have this wrong? If not, WSTV serves as a nice beacon with occasional content of interest and I'd hate to see it go.

I've heard that WSTV has shown up on a few Low Power and secondary digital channels, but havent confirmed it..

Info from their webpage, which is quite dated implies that they are carried by some independent, apparently LP stations and some cable operators, California in particular.
They also say "... are presented in high quality digital format...." and "The sound quality is great! So is the picture!" so it is clearly subjective.
Regardless, they are 'one our own' being part of the FTA nitch group, kudos for them for hanging in there.
Now what about this post/comment at the bottom of the testimonial page
" I wish that Movie Channel on T5 would be better... I think it is something like GNP Movies... Something like that." I guess I've missed that one somewhere.

I have American Life TV on Time-Warner here in my neck of the woods..It's good, but not as good as when they showed all the WB Westerns and Private Eye shows from the 50's and 60's..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)