Attending a Newsworthy Event LIVE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Well, Phottoette and I have been gone for a few days, and planned on staying home for at least a day, but we decided last night that we wanted to go to Searchlight Nevada, she to take pictures of people, and me Dish Hunting circa 2010.

I'm not going to go into the political ideas behind or contained in the event itself, and I'm quite sure a lot of people found a lot of reference's to todays event while they were looking around in the sky.

However, I was there, and wanted to show a few pictures of different things I saw.

I took many many many pictures, but these first two show just a small sample of the amount of people there.

Picture three shows a few of the Sat trucks there.

And Picture four shows just a small sample of the news cameras there, some broadcasting direct to satellite and some sending pictures to newsrooms locally, and I'm sure some taping for later broadcasts world wide. I was told when asked how many "newsies" were there, there were news people from "dozens" of countries.

Photto and Phottoette

Attachments

• Searchlight1.JPG
    Searchlight1.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Searchlight2.JPG
    Searchlight2.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Searchlight3.JPG
    Searchlight3.JPG
    375.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Searchlight4.JPG
    Searchlight4.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 207
Phottoman, got more pics to post?

Yes, and no.

I didn't want to make this a political posting in anyway, and all the rest of the photos would turn it into exactly that.

There were some pretty funny signs, and one that I made an 8" X 10" for me to hang up at my store, but way too adult for this forum.

Funny thing, the FIRST place I saw any TV coverage of this event was on PRESS, seems we have to look outside the US to see what's happening here.

Photto

Yes, and no.

I didn't want to make this a political posting in anyway, and all the rest of the photos would turn it into exactly that.

No bother to me, but point taken.

There were some pretty funny signs, and one that I made an 8" X 10" for me to hang up at my store, but way too adult for this forum.

Can you post links to your photos, people can click through only if they want to.

Funny thing, the FIRST place I saw any TV coverage of this event was on PRESS, seems we have to look outside the US to see what's happening here.

Photto

Press TV? Were they there?

For those interested in more photos, here is a link to our local newspaper, The Daily Minor's Photo Page for the event. The first four pictures were taken by Phottoette (well, now you'll know her name) and the others were taken by other locals.

IF you chase this down, you'll see a difference in the style of photography used, I may be partial, but her's look better. More like NEWS, eh?

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=99&SubSectionID=866

Also, as a side note, on foreign news services (Press, RT and Aljazeer) the numbers quoted as to how many attendees there were range from 8,000 to 12,000. Quite a large number. On the other hand, both CBS and especially CNN stated that "several dozen" people attended this event. Take a look at the pictures and judge for yourself

Photto

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts