Attention 522 Users - Help make the 522 better!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys...

Dish Network has contacted me and is looking for help from the SatelliteGuys membership who have 522's and have been experiancing a large number of problem with their units.

They are looking for a few individuals who are not only having problems but are good at finding bugs and reporting them and who want to help out to make the 522 a better product for all.

If you are interested you must have a phone line hooked up to your 522 and you must subscribe to CALLER ID SERVICE.

If you are interested in helping out and making the 522 a better more stable product, and subscribe to caller ID service please PM me with your full name, your phone number and your email address and I will forward your information to Dish Network who will be selecting the folks to help them out.

Thanks in advance to all who are interested!

No CALLER ID SERVICE so I guess im out. Why is it nessasary to have caller Id to help identify bugs and problems with the 522?
I would love to be invoved.

Thanks to the folks who have already replied. :) I have submitted the first batch of names and information to Echostar.

Keep them coming!

blockisle9 said:
No CALLER ID SERVICE so I guess im out. Why is it nessasary to have caller Id to help identify bugs and problems with the 522?
I would love to be invoved.

Caller ID is needed so your box can see when Dish Network is calling so your 522 can talk to the Dish Network engeneering computers. :) That is why it needs the caller ID.

Is there anything in it from Dish to people that participate? Maybe that would be an incentive.

From the responces received so far from SatelliteGuys members it seems no incentive is needed, I guess users wanting to help make the 522 better for all is a good enough incentive. :)

Aww, poor folks don't know how to haggle. I'm sure they could've gotten a couple five dollar programming credits, if they put the effort to get em ;)

After a day or two when the names coming in slow down to a trickle, it might be interesting if you could post a count of the responses you've received. That would be an interesting tidbit of trivia. Don't post a count until responses have fallen off on there own, lest you inadvertantly affect the outcome like the networks calling the presidential elections with only one percent of the precincts from three east coast states reporting... ;-)

heh...anything to make this piece of junk...er ah,..the 522 i mean..haha better..im all for it...im sending my info to you scott

I am not sure, I just finished submitting the info a few minutes ago, I would say within a week or so if you were selected you should hear something. :)

I am now done accepting applications for testers. So PLEASE do not PM me saying you want in.

If Dish requests additional testers I will post it here.

Thanks everyone for your responce and in wanting to help improve the 522.

Thanks to Dish Network for selecting SatelliteGuys.US members to help them improve their products.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts