Attention! Buyer! Beware!!

giveuspurehd

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 14, 2004
:( IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING VOOM, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AT ALL YOUR HD OPTIONS.VOOM SOUNDS GOOD AND THAT'S ALL IT DOES.SOME IN HERE KEEP IT TO JUST BRAG THAT THEY HAVE X NUMBERS OF HD CHANNELS , AND IN REALITY ALL THEY HAVE IS CRAPOLA B MOVIES IN STUNING 1080I :D .SO MY POINT IS FOR ALL YOU NOOBS JUST TAKE AWHILE BEFORE YOU JUMP ON THE VOOM EXPRESS AND READ UP ON THIS FORUM.ALL THE NIGHTMARES LIE WITHIN. :cool:

Keep in mind that the complaints come from a dozen or so people on this forum. :mad: Some don't even have Voom.

There are also tens of thousands of happy Voomers. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

For those who are really considering Voom.......back out of this post and read this forum carefully. IMHO, as far as HD content, implementation, and delivery, Voom is where it is at.

When doing my research to buy two HDTVs. I went and read hundreds of reviews that stated how bad/wonderful both the DLPs and LCDs were. A lot of these reviews were opiniated or from people with a specific bias in both technologies.

So I decided to go with a local retailer who gave me a 30 days money back guarantee (no questions ask). My first buy was a Sony 60" LCD Grand Wega. I evaluated for 30 days and found that the "big negatives" were not that "big" to me. So I decided to keep it.

After that purchase, I did the same with my DLP. And I read a lot of negative on it as well. I evaluated the DLP and it was a keeper. So from experience, one person or a few bad experiences are not the only determinant in getting a product.

My brother and I also did the same when he decided to buy a DLP projector. The moral of the story ---> try it for yourself and evaluate it yourself. Try to get a deal that will let you do this and whether you want to keep it or send it back will be ultimately your decision.

P.S. I did send back a few HDTVs from the same store after I tried them. A different brand of what I ended with.

mkwillia said:
For those who are really considering Voom.......back out of this post and read this forum carefully. IMHO, as far as HD content, implementation, and delivery, Voom is where it is at.

pay attention to installs inc., billing, pq,customer service, etc.... :D :D :D :D

Voom has been really good for me for over a month now. No break-ups or lock-ups, no rain fade except when it's really bad outside. They've done exactly what they promised for me.

The movies aren't great, but last night Salaam Bombay was excellent. ESPN-HD and the added OTA channels that I get with the antenna mean that a majority of what I watch is now HD. I need and want Fox Sports Southwest, but that in and of itself is not enough to make me switch.

What would make me switch? If they start jerking me around on the billing, I will leave. That scares the hell out of me. Somebody has to get that under control.

"giveuspurehd" sounds like the guy who just hopped on and said that Voom never shows "pure HD"... coincidence?

You guys don't believe me, DirectTV have sent their agents to this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)