Dishnetwork screwing me after I cancelled, beware!

r.jones1116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Goose Creek, SC
I cancelled Dishnetwork when I got Voom installed. At the time I cancelled, I had 3 weeks left on my billing cycle. According to my calculations, they owe me $58.50. I have been waiting 3 months for my pro-rate check. Is this any way to do business? It sounds like all DBS sat providers are sneaky in their business practices, not just Voom!

This thread is not a direct attack on Dishnetwork, but businesses and their practices in general.

'Is this any way to do business? It sounds like all DBS sat providers are sneaky in their business practices, not just Voom!'

Moderators,

Please move txcruiser to an appropriate E* or D* forum.

Every vendor has installation, billing, PQ issues, etc... issues and some can be similiar in nature.

That's not a reason to post an E* billing issue here.

What's your "real" reason for this post?
It looks like you just want to mock yesterday's post started by Madtown HD Junkie since it didn't get very many favorable responses.

I thought he was trying to show that some of these ridiculous billing issues Voom has aren't limited to Voom and that there's a chance you'll run into them with other providers, too. Doesn't make it any more right, but I thought it was worth posting.

When I canceled D* and went to Voom, they showed me a credit of $14 almost immediately..........When I canceled Voom and went back to D* I received a check for $14 within a week. So, no, I don't think ALL DBS providers have problems with billing.
oh, and btw, hehe, I got the upper hand when I canceled Voom, my CC was canceled first.....they sent something saying they tried to collect but was rejected :D

I do think this is a little different,at least E* did not keep charging you after you canceled,like Voom is known to do,or have your "retention credit" taken away,or have to cancel your Credit Card to keep Voom from charging it,or double charge your debit card,etc,etc.

txcruiser said:
Moderators,
Please move this thread to an appropriate E* forum.
Moderator comment: The purpose of this thread (the way I see it), is not so much to complain about E*, but to compare problems reported by some VOOM customers to similar problems reported by E* customers. Which puts it all in prospective. Seems appropriate here.

bruce said:
I do think this is a little different,at least E* did not keep charging you after you canceled,like Voom is known to do,or have your "retention credit" taken away,or have to cancel your Credit Card to keep Voom from charging it,or double charge your debit card,etc,etc.

How is it different? Stealing is stealing regardless of the method. I rob you with a gun, that's bad, I rob you with a pocket knife, that's O.K. :confused:

Walter L. said:
r.jones1116:
Maybe now you should change your signature to read

"Dishnetwork...the campany that screws you when you cancel. BEWARE!! :( :mad: :confused: :shocked

why? see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=29919

Walter, do I sense I struck a nerve? They (V*) have the worst accounting practices I have seen of a "major" or national company in my life. I was merely pointing it out.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Walter, do I sense I struck a nerve? They (V*) have the worst accounting practices I have seen of a "major" or national company in my life. I was merely pointing it out.

That's just Walter's way of making light of your issue so prospective Voomers aren't turned off too much by your negative (albeit 100% accurate) post.

txcruiser said:
Moderators,

Please move this thread to an appropriate E* forum.

Please don't. This is very pertinent information for all Voomers contemplating switching to E*. :)

i hope he gets his prorated 3 weeks back but in the grand scheme of things he doesnt say he called to request it nor to compplain. this just doesnt compare to voom charging after cancellation.

stevesmall said:
i hope he gets his prorated 3 weeks back but in the grand scheme of things he doesnt say he called to request it nor to compplain. this just doesnt compare to voom charging after cancellation.
It's the same. Like the original poster said: "stealing is stealing regardless of the method".
BTW, when I cancel my membership to a local gym, I had the same problem.

stevesmall said:
this just doesnt compare to voom charging after cancellation.

Sure it does (in the big picture)
E* has a billing problem and owes you $$$ and so does VOOM.

Are they really that similiar when you look at the specifics???
When I cancelled E* 6 months ago, I didn't have to cancel my CC to stop auto pay. With VOOM it's SOP.

Maybe when E* has a prog guide problem it should be reported here on the VOOM forum as well. That way VOOMers will know that they are not alone when it comes to prog guide problems either.
Or maybe, if you want to learn about E* prog guide problems you should actually visit the E* forum??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts