VOOM charges me $125 4 months after I quit; then says I can have it back in 2 months!

bnl107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 29, 2004
Allentown, PA
I cancelled my VOOM subscription on Nov. 2nd. It took them until Jan 5th to pick up my receivers. I complained a couple times about the long delay in the disconnect process, but the CSR's always put me on hold and came back with a reassurance from their Supervisors that I would not be charged for any service in-between those dates, and that any charges listed on my account would "disappear" once the receivers were picked-up. Sure enough, the day after they picked up my receivers the money did disappear... just from my bank account (I had it linked to my Visa Check Card)! I called VOOM right away and the CSR was very nice and apologetic about it, telling me that it was yet another mistake on VOOM's part and that the money should not have ever been charged to my account. I asked when I could expect to have it back and he said, "Well, it should be back in your account within the next 8 weeks. If its not in by this March give us a call back." I told him that was unacceptable, and that I wanted to speak with a supervisor, or someone from the billing department. After a brief time on hold he told me the only way to reach the billing department was from the "Contact Us" link on Voom.com! This is insane, they take $125 from me by mistake and then won't give it back for atleast 2 months! And on top of that there is no way to actually speak to their billing department! Can anyone on hear help me with this? Is there a number I can call? I'm about to contact the fraud department at my bank. Thanks for your help guys.

If you don't have helpful information for bnl107, please don't respond. bnl107, my suggestion is to try Wilt to see if he can expidite your refund.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)