attention DIRT: the cause of the "Cancelled: By User" bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Everything that's in HD is set up to record in HD.

Another Tuesday, another mutation of the behavior.

This time, I decided to NOT move anything myself and see what happened.

For some reason, this week both episodes of "Town of the Living Dead" were automatically scheduled for the second airing, so there should've only been two tuners in use at 10PM (NOT counting any extension of the 9-10PM programming). Yet it STILL scheduled "Forever" and "Awkward" for the SAME tuner! When 10PM came, it recorded "Forever", but "Awkward" was listed as "Cancelled: By user" and rescheduled for the next showing. Surprisingly, this time the second showing DID actually record, instead of vanishing silently like every other time. So at least it IS recording everything it's supposed to now without manual intervention, albeit not WHEN it's supposed to.

The only explanation I can think of, is that it's NOT ignoring <5-minute extension requests when there's a conflict, like the ViP receivers did. But even so, this DOESN'T explain why it's still double-booking tuners when there are later showings that could be recorded.

The only explanation I can think of, is that it's NOT ignoring <5-minute extension requests when there's a conflict, like the ViP receivers did. But even so, this DOESN'T explain why it's still double-booking tuners when there are later showings that could be recorded.
The 722 rule was timers overlapping would record only one with timers set for up to 1 min before or 3 min after. Now the Hopper attempts to record each on different tuners and if enough tuners then both will be recorded even on the same channel.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)