Attention Hopper and Wally users: new software being released tonight 5/10/2018

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't know if anyone is paying attention, but my HWSes are REALLY screwed up. FF and hit play and it jumps 20 minutes ahead. RW back to where I wanted to be hit play and it jumps back to the beginning of the recording. This BITES. Come on DISH let's have a FIX!!!!!!!

If they want, they can contact us. Easy enough. PM or post a request for a few hours. Those of us that check the site frequently are no doubt serious users who must be good candidates.

But I’m sure they have their criteria and concerns.
I thought they already "contact" SatGuysUS for such matters, or were you saying Dish/Echo has not contacted you on this particular issue.

Reactions: pattykay
They could have asked us first if it was a good idea to remove titles from the DVR list.
Yeah! Does anyone know if Dish/Echo do any Focus Groups. Surveys are fine, but Focus Groups really allow for people to go into detail of what they do and don't like. Clients can see how upset some customers are or hear other concerns and problems that don't come up on surveys, and they learn first what does work and the participants ATTITUDES concerning the company and its product. Dish can learn a lot and may even find a way to greatly stem or even halt the loss of subscribers from some Focus Groups. Of course, Focus Groups cost more money (Cheap Charlie?), but I've met many in various industries who've said they've learned more in Focus Groups than most surveys. Perhaps Charlie needs to spend more on Focus Groups than he does now to really understand his subscribers and what MIGHT bring in a few NEW subscribers.

IMHO, Dish needs to have a box that can handle more apps as well and fast as a Fire TV and also handle sat service. FWIW, it would no longer mean choosing between sat and OTT, but allow people to perhaps stay with Dish (both linear DVR and Dish VOD) to supplement inadequacies of OTT, and the inability to skip commercials with some OTT is a big sore spot, while Dish DVR still allows skipping of commercials. Also, people are PAYING to upgrade to HBO, etc. via OTT, so a Dish box can allow for upgrading to HBO via sat (along with the HBO VOD via Dish) without having to dump Dish entirely. In other words, it should also be about keeping Dish in the homes by giving the customer what they want.

Perhaps even selling Dish as an OTT cord cutter service that happens to include sat access for linear, DVR, and VOD. :). A hybrid service offering Sling TV and other OTT and Dish sat.

Reactions: pattykay
Don't know if anyone is paying attention, but my HWSes are REALLY screwed up. FF and hit play and it jumps 20 minutes ahead. RW back to where I wanted to be hit play and it jumps back to the beginning of the recording. This BITES. Come on DISH let's have a FIX!!!!!!!

Discussed in some other threads. Scott says a fix is being developed.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts