Attention VOOMers switching to cable!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
SatelliteGuys Welcomes Cable Guys!

Almost half of our VOOM Forum members are switching to cable. Looks like we need a new home for them. ;) Well, today we have expanded the list of Cable Forums at SatelliteGuys! Here is what we now have for you:

We are now moving all cable-related threads from VOOM forums to the corresponding cable forums. We invite you to post there. For your convenience, we are going to include cable-related threads in the list of new threads on our VOOM Home Page.

No matter which satellite or cable provider you go with, we hope you will feel like home here, at SatelliteGuys!

SatelliteGuys.US Staff.

Smart move! We all have been checking in here several times a day anyway. Why not still do the same even if we no longer have VOOM?

I switched to Mediacom. Not bad; dual-tuner HD-DVR with about 10 hd channels. Not Voom, but what is?

They may not have a wide enough reach to warrant their own forum. Of course, if I'm the only Mediacom subscriber who would visit a mediacom forum, it may get pretty boring and schizophrenic. :eek:

Not suffering rain-fade under miserable Minnesota skies, rob

Outstanding. Question: Which forum would be used for general hardware questions? For example, a couple of different companies use the SA 8300HD DVR. Is there a general hardware forum to discuss hardware like this?

I'm debating going back to Mediacom. Right now they can only allow one 6412 receiver installed as they are in short supply. I was with them before Voom and their HD was good but not great.

This is great. Satguys Voomers are the most sophisticated entertainment folks around. Plus I'm going the cable route myself.

Excellent! I am going to Cox here in Phoenix until something better comes along, and it will be nice to be able to visit these forums and discuss our feelings about our cable companies until the day arrives when we have a better choice for High Def programming. :yes

lostcause said:
Outstanding. Question: Which forum would be used for general hardware questions? For example, a couple of different companies use the SA 8300HD DVR. Is there a general hardware forum to discuss hardware like this?
Initially, all cable-related threads, including hardware discussions which are not specific to any cable company, will be held in the General Cable Discussion forum. And all cable companies that do not have separate forums should be discussed there as well. Once we see enough posts to justify a separate forum (for another cable company or for hardware discussions), we will create it! ;)

tvrobert said:
I switched to Mediacom. Not bad; dual-tuner HD-DVR with about 10 hd channels. Not Voom, but what is?

They may not have a wide enough reach to warrant their own forum. Of course, if I'm the only Mediacom subscriber who would visit a mediacom forum, it may get pretty boring and schizophrenic. :eek:
tvrobert,

I have just created a Mediacom Cable Discussion thread for you! ;)

The advantage of cable right now is 1- more HD than DirecTV and 2- no commitments. That way when the VOOM 21 shows up somewhere we are more flexible.

Good idea, Ilya. Thanks a bunch. Also, thanks for keeping us informed regarding soccer on VOOM.

Great Idea. Most of us ex-Voomers are hoping keeping our options open for the most state of the art and forward moving service in HD. Thus since most cable companies are the only service if at all to allow month to month (no contract) this allows us to move to another provider at any time. So we need to keep informed on what is going on out there. Sat Guys is the place we need. Please understand that most of us that jumped to cable are only doing so because we just need time to see what happens.

Thanks
-scott

Ilya said:
Initially, all cable-related threads, including hardware discussions which are not specific to any cable company, will be held in the General Cable Discussion forum.
Actually, it would probably be wise to keep some of the hardware discussions in the provider's forum as in the case of SA boxes, the cable providers can and often do use different software (graphical front-ends) or software revisions (feature works in one but doesn't exist on another).

jayhawk33 said:
Cox Cable & Cable in general SUX Donkey Balls!!!!!!! I want my MTV on VOOM !!!!
They still have MTV? Shouldnt they have changed the name by now to ABMTV (Anything But Music TV)? :)

lostcause said:

I have the SA8000HD. Any idea what the dif is between them? Thanks.

nnicko said:
I have the SA8000HD. Any idea what the dif is between them? Thanks.

Easy the 8000HD sucks a lot. The 8300HD sucks a little less. :D

Seriously, tho... the 8000 doesn't have DVI active, no SD & HD at the same time (except the copy to VCR function), firewire and USB are also inactive. The 8300 has active DVI (or is it HDMI?), simultanious SD & HD, and I think the Firewire is active as well.

Both boxes have simular programming guides (try not to read reviews about the moto boxes, you'll get depressed!!!).

Plus side, is that the SA boxes will do 4 things at once. Record 2 shows, playback one show, and playback a show in SD (using the copy to vcr function). Pretty amazing it can do all that, tho...

Does yours have a problem with Dolby Digital on playbacks or timeshifting? Mine does on some channels, very annoying!

-John

jayhawk33 said:
Cox Cable & Cable in general SUX Donkey Balls!!!!!!! I want my MTV on VOOM !!!!

Ummm, donkey balls. Is that anything like Prarie Oysters? :)

-John

PS> I take it you got stuck with a SA8000HD box as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)