Attn: DIRT - Need account help

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
If whoever is online now would ping me, I'd appreciate it. I don't know where to find the list of online users since the upgrade a while back. I'll give you my account info via PM.

Here's what I need: My local cable co has made me a bundled offer that is too good to pass up. I have internet only with them right now, (100/10 for $79 a month). I have Dish everything with HWS and 1 (original, slow) joey for $140 but as of tomorrow some promos run out and it will be $155 if I remember correctly. That's a little over $230 a month.

The local cable company has offered a bundle that includes the same internet, and their version of everything (with all 4 premiums) and their version of HWS, for $161 a month, all taxes/fees/box rental/etc included. This would be locked for 2 years, at which I'll have to play this stupid game again.

I have been with Dish for about 11 years, on AEP for the last 7 or 8, and really like the service and HWS. I hate to go, but the difference is too big to ignore this time.

I know Dish can't touch the internet, but for this to work, I'd need Dish to get to about $100 a month, out the door. Can this be done? I called retention, and the first offer was -$35/month for 3 months, which isn't good enough. He put me on hold, and then the call dropped (could very well be my phone, not complaining about this).

Look forward to hearing from DIRT to see what can be done. Otherwise, I'm afraid I will be cancelling soon.