Attn Dish Support: BAD CS EXPERIENCE/Need OTA

I enjoyed Claude and his DISH bashing didn't bother me. However, I thought his comments to the DISH Support people were out of line, especially since Scott had just now got them back participating. JMO
I also liked to see Claude's posts but when he posted what he did to Dish's support team was outta line. Sorry to see him go.:(

DISH is obviously swamped with calls and of course that isn't an excuse.
First decide if you want to try and keep DISH or not and if them not re-hooking the antenna for free is worth it to switch. If not worth it don't bother calling till you have FIOS, then call and tell them you have already had FIOS installed and want to end your DISH subscription. That way you won't be swayed or be indecisive and your subscription will be turned off.

If you do want to stay with DISH if possible still be prepared as you are to switch, tell the CSR you are dropping DISH and to turn off services. If it doesn't get you to retention follow through and have Fios installed. It should however get you to retention and give it one more try with them. But give them a choice if you really do want DISH service. Either they come and re-hook the antenna they unhooked, or an acceptable credit both for not having channels and to hire someone to hook up the antenna again. I would go for the credit and get an antenna guy because it may be more after two years than just hooking up a wire and I don't know that DISH would do anymore than that at this point.

All that said as someone looking in from the outside you are asking them to do something from two years ago. Had you called them right away they would have come back to fix it. The real issue for you is the loss of channels so decide if that alone is enough for you to just switch or if my advice above in getting a discount to cover getting the antenna re-hooked will work.
It's fine that I initially waited the 30+ minutes that they were swamped with calls, I understand which is why I waited, but I had to wait 3 of those 30+ minutes because they kept passing me off for some unknown reason. I was not aggressive or demanding or anything like that. I was very nice but seems nice gets you nowhere.\

When they initially disconnected the antenna they convinced me that I did not need it and the only way I could get the new system/equipment is if it was disconnected. I later found out that it was BS but really did not care at that point. With no Fox, I then cared.

Switch to FIOS is something I have been thinking about for over a year because I already have FIOS Net & Phone. It's maybe $100 more to add it to my current FIOS plan and that is after 2 years, it's next to nothing to add it for the initial 2 years. So I'd be saving a TON of money. This issue is just a kick in my ass to go through with it. Now that FOX is back... we'll it may be too late for me to change my mind. They would have to give me a substantial discount and hook my antenna back up for no charge. They would have to make it worth my while which they likely will not based on what's already transpired. Tomorrow I will find out exactly what FIOS will cost for the 2 years and then after that for what I need to add the TV package.

You can also try this DISH Loyalty phone number if it still works. 888-496-1260
Thanks I will definitely do that tomorrow after I get the FIOS TV pricing to see exactly what it is to add it to my current FIOS plan before I call. I doubt they can come even remotely close but I'll give it a sh*t and let everyone know. Much appreciated!

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's fine that I initially waited the 30+ minutes that they were swamped with calls, I understand which is why I waited, but I had to wait 3 of those 30+ minutes because they kept passing me off for some unknown reason. I was not aggressive or demanding or anything like that. I was very nice but seems nice gets you nowhere.\

When they initially disconnected the antenna they convinced me that I did not need it and the only way I could get the new system/equipment is if it was disconnected. I later found out that it was BS but really did not care at that point. With no Fox, I then cared.

Switch to FIOS is something I have been thinking about for over a year because I already have FIOS Net & Phone. It's maybe $100 more to add it to my current FIOS plan and that is after 2 years, it's next to nothing to add it for the initial 2 years. So I'd be saving a TON of money. This issue is just a kick in my ass to go through with it. Now that FOX is back... we'll it may be too late for me to change my mind. They would have to give me a substantial discount and hook my antenna back up for no charge. They would have to make it worth my while which they likely will not based on what's already transpired. Tomorrow I will find out exactly what FIOS will cost for the 2 years and then after that for what I need to add the TV package.

If had access to FiOS and they still offer cable cards, I'd seriously consider getting a Tivo setup. That said, FiOS isn't immune to disputes:

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/verizon-pulls-tegna-stations-over-retrans-dispute

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts