AU9-s acutrac III setup issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ldfootsped2

Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
illinois
Hello, I have setup many dishes, but nothing like this ..I am using a acutrac III to setup a AU9-s dish. The pole is perfectly level.. i am still having trouble trying to get the HD signal ..i have the settings on attenuate on and dtv mode and 99/101..the strongest signal i can get is ka hi 28.2/ku 52.6/ka lo 70.1 this will only get me low signal strength on 4 to 5 tp..i have redone this several times...the dither process really gave me poor signals..should i get the signals 99/101 and 103/119 pretty close to each other... for some reason i cannot get the 99/101 to peak very high southern illinois 62959 200/44/75 any thoughts robert

start over from scratch
set the dish to the rough settings that the receiver gives you turn the dish until you hit the 101
clamp down the az/el assembly on the mast and go in and check your settings on the box
you should be getting 90-'s and 100's on the 101 (110 and 119 also if you are using a 5lnb)
don't look at the Ka signal scores on the meter really when you dither
attenuate the signal
turn the elevation adjustment 2x CCW unless the signal continues to increase on the 101
once it drops an amount of 10pts is good
go from there CW till you get the same # divide by 2
repeat on azimuth screw
if that doesnt work your level is a POS and its not truly plumb
you should not be dithering based off the Ka #'s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts