Auction-HD: Christie's Clapton Guitar Auction LIVE 6PM EST

DragonLips

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Excuse me if this was posted already. I didn't get anything on the search.
Auction HD Grants a High-Def VIP PASS to Rock Legend Eric Clapton's Guitar Sale
May 05, 2004 08:45:00 AM ET

VOOM HD Originals Channel to Telecast June 24th Auction Live from Christie's at Rockefeller Center

JERICHO, N.Y., May 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- This Summer, Auction HD, one of the VOOM HD Originals, further establishes itself in the exciting world of high-profile buying and selling when it airs Christie's Crossroads Guitar Auction: Eric Clapton and Friends for the Crossroads Centre, another episode in their ongoing live series Auction HD L!VE. Auction HD will give fans across the country a "VIP pass" to the "cream" of Clapton's collection. The live high-definition coverage begins at 6pm on Thursday, June 24, 2004. Telecast in crystal-clear high-definition, Auction HD puts collectors at home in the center of the bidding wars, from the first paddle wave until the final hammer falls.

Auction HD provides collectors of all levels across the country unprecedented access to sales at the world's leading auction houses. The channel provides viewers with previews of upcoming auctions and news from the collecting world, in addition to live telecasts of notable sales. Everything from classic cars, to Hollywood memorabilia, to impressionist art is enhanced in vivid HD for an up-close and personal look at each lot.

"We are thrilled to be working with Christie's to provide auction enthusiasts and novices alike the unique opportunity to witness a world-class sale as if they were actually in the auction house's galleries and salerooms," said George Lansbury, Executive Producer, Auction HD. "The Eric Clapton Guitar Auction has huge appeal to Clapton fans across the United States and Auction HD is proud to give them 'front-row' access to the sale."

Christie's Crossroads Guitar Auction: Eric Clapton and Friends for the Crossroads Centre includes iconic instruments such as "Blackie," the composite Fender Stratocaster, circa 1956, which in Clapton's own words "has become part of me" and the cherry-red 1964 Gibson ES-335, the second electric guitar Clapton ever bought and the one he has owned the longest. Proceeds from the sale are to benefit the Crossroads Centre that Clapton founded in Antigua in 1997.

Auction HD is currently producing preview shows for major auction houses such as Christie's, Sotheby's and Bohams & Butterfield's, to name a few, with the anticipation of telecasting a larger selection of live auctions in the upcoming months.

Auction HD is one of the VOOM HD Originals, an all-inclusive package of 21 commercial-free channels created by Rainbow Media and available exclusively to subscribers of VOOM, the first television service to offer a comprehensive array of HD programming to customers throughout the continental United States. In addition to Auction HD, the VOOM HD Originals include exclusive HD coverage of international soccer on WorldSport HD; unique animation entertainment on Animania HD; artistic masterpieces from around the world on Gallery HD; spine- chilling movies brought to life in hi-def on Monsters HD; 24/7 news shot in native HD on HDNews; experimental non-narrative video art on MOOV; the latest pop music concerts on Rave HD; in-your-face action sports on Rush HD; the best in fashion, food and fine living on Ultra HD; and HD Cinema 10, a 10-channel multiplex of uncut, commercial-free movies in HD.

About VOOM and Rainbow DBS

VOOM, provided by Rainbow DBS, Cablevision System Corporation's satellite service division, is the first television service to provide a comprehensive array of high-definition (HD) programming for the rapidly growing but underserved HDTV audience. VOOM's lineup of more than 30 HD channels features an exclusive package of brand-new, commercial-free channels such as WorldSport, Epics and Animania. The service also includes over 70 of the most popular cable channels in standard-definition (SD), 18 digital music channels, and over-the-air digital broadcast channels in HD, where available. VOOM is offered across the continental United States through local Sears retailers, by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM, or by visiting www.voom.com.

Christie's Crossroads Guitar Auction on AuctionHD

This weekend here in Dallas is Eric Claptons Crossroad Guitar Festival. It will be massive and a true delight for any musician. Check out the details at www.crossroadsguitarfestival.org and see what I mean. I can't believe the quality of the artists that have been arranged for this, unbelieveable!

While checking out the venue and schedule I stumbled across the Christie's Auction info below.

***This Summer, Auction HD, one of the VOOM HD Originals, further establishes itself in the exciting world of high-profile buying and selling when it airs Christie's Crossroads Guitar Auction: Eric Clapton and Friends for the Crossroads Centre, another episode in their ongoing live series Auction HD L!VE. Auction HD will give fans across the country a "VIP pass" to the "cream" of Clapton's collection. The live high-definition coverage begins at 6pm on Thursday, June 24, 2004. Telecast in crystal-clear high-definition, Auction HD puts collectors at home in the center of the bidding wars, from the first paddle wave until the final hammer falls.
"We are thrilled to be working with Christie's to provide auction enthusiasts and novices alike the unique opportunity to witness a world-class sale as if they were actually in the auction house's galleries and salerooms," said George Lansbury, Executive Producer, Auction HD. "The Eric Clapton Guitar Auction has huge appeal to Clapton fans across the United States and Auction HD is proud to give them "front-row" access to the sale."*****

Seeking copy of 6/24 Christies Clapton Guitar Auction

Hi All,
I don't yet have Voom but would love to get a copy of this auction on DVDR or VHS. It was on Voom's Auction TV. If anyones interested in trading for a copy or I could send $$ for shipping and discs. Thanks.

Quadzila@optonline.net
DanG@excite.com

Christies auction

Hi Sean,
Thanks! Any luck finding a repeat? I did a quick search and didn't find it. Any idea how long they usually wait before repeating auctions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)