audio and vidio out of sync

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Has any one ever experienced the audio and video out of sync? This is while watching live TV.

Nothing like that here.

I know that since 2.03 came out, I no longer have audio cut out after resuming from pause. Never had audio sync problems.

Mark_AR said:
Nothing like that here.

I know that since 2.03 came out, I no longer have audio cut out after resuming from pause. Never had audio sync problems.

Audio cutout went away for almost everyone with 2.02. But it also introduced audio and video sync issues which are much worse than having the audio cutout.

I have 2.03 and I noticed the audio didn't match lip movements on a DISH commercial but I didn't notice it when the program returned. It may have been just the commercial.

I'm running 2.03 and I'm noticing the audio and video is out of sync on nearly every channel. It's not consistant though. The problem comes and goes. It's very slight...if you're not looking for it, you won't notice it. It bothers me, but the wife doesn't notice. This is all on live TV. The worst by far is TNT. I noticed as soon as they started carrying the NASCAR races this season that the delay is at least 1/2 a second. Audio is always before video.

i have this problem alot on my 522 sometimes you cant notice it and somtimes its off by a sentance the person will be done talking and you will still hear their voice is there any way to fix this?

rolandv said:
Audio cutout went away for almost everyone with 2.02. But it also introduced audio and video sync issues which are much worse than having the audio cutout.

Yes, I've noticed once now that when watching a DVR event, if the picture signal burps, the audio and video goes out of sync. Stopping and resuming the program fixed it. I haven't seen a repeat of it yet.
:cool: