Audio but no video on channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
3791 H 99W (KNLC-tv) has a strong signal on my dish but refused to scan in until I did an individual transponder scan using the PID's.(Micro HD) I now have audio,but the video remains black.Is that normal for the channel or did I mess up somewhere?

I used 49 for video and 52 for audio

Thanks

Don't know about the MicroHD but it does scan in fine on my Amiko Mini HD SE. When changing to it though it sometimes takes as long as 8-10 seconds to lock.

Reactions: armadillo_115
Well there's something fishy here. I have two channels scanned in on that F/P/SR
One ID's as Service3 MPEG4 SD. Aspect 4:3 It has audio and and video.
The other ID's as Ch-1. Aspect 16:9 This one is NO Video.
he fishy part is both have the same PIDs. A49/V52/PCR49.
Amiko mini HD SE receiver.
When I do a TP scan it only gets one channel (guess which one) yeah, the one with video.
Suggest removing the TP and doing a fresh TP scan.

Reactions: armadillo_115
Thanks y'all,I'll give it another try if mama ever gives me back the remote.She's over-dosing on Netflix this evening.

Multiple regular blind scans and the normal TP scan never found anything there.I got NOTHING until I scanned using the PIDS.It Id'ed as transponder number something.I know part of the number had 666 in it...which caught my eye.:eeek Maybe my dish is possessed. lol.

I have a MeTV alternate channel that has audio but only a banner for the video.Maybe that one needs rescanning as well.(I don't remember the Satellite off the top of my head)

Tried 49/52/49 again,deleting transponder each time.(waited each time in case video was delayed):
1st PID scan = nothing
2nd: Audio/no video
3rd: Audio/no video
4th: Audio/no video
5th: Audio/no video
Also tried PCR set as 8090 and 8091 Audio/no video for both
Also tried normal TP scans 10+ times = nothing found
Added new transponder 3791 H with 1666 instead of 1665...still Audio/no Video

I give up for now.Too many other things to do,and that 1 channel isn't that important to me.Strange though since it has signal quality of 70 - 72 here.Maybe it will sort itself eventually.

Side note: Loosened the Pivot bolt some this morn and was able to add 1 more eastern bird - 55.5W.Only the strongest signals though.Actuator binds too much to swing that far on a regular basis.Dish will have to come down and the mounting system repaired before it can be fine tuned.

As always...thanks to everyone for the help! :clapclap

When you get back to it I think I'd delete that transponder, then reboot the receiver.
Then add it and scan. Sometimes the reboot is necessary to completely reset the tp list.

With the microHD I get:

3789 H 1666 A49/V52/PCR49 Scans in as Ch 1. (KCHF Santa Fe)
3791 H 1664 A49/V52/PCR49 Scans in as Service 3 MPEG 4. (KNLC St. Louis)

The video is working fine on both channels. Maybe one had video problems earlier? I believe I had to manually enter the transponder on both channels, but then they scanned in OK.

I tried rebooting after deleting the transponder as Fat Air suggested...no video again.
Then I tried the #'s per lost_mesa,same results on KNLC.I did pick up KCHF with video ... but I have never bothered scanning for that one before.
I'm gonna wait a a couple days and see if it works later.Very few channels missing that want now.Thanks y'all!

I'm stumped.
KNLC still has no video after trying several times on various days.Tried deleting and rebooting,slightly different numbers,etc,etc.Normal scans give nothing,only using the PIDS 'sees' the channel...PART of the time.No problem with the signal strength.Scans in as tp66623_49

One question: Could the skew being slightly off cause that ONE transponder to not have video? I have not found any other transponder that has a decent signal ...which doesn't come in fine.

That's the only thing I can think of to check next.I'm about to give up...it wasn't that important a channel to me anyway.

BTW: KCHF @ 3789 49/52/49 comes in fine.But naturally...that's not the one I want.

I just tried it, had to enter it in manually. I have no video also, but every now and again it will go to a completely green screen. Audio is fine.

Thanks for letting me know, A Raine ... I thought I was the only one who couldn't get it.Wondering what I had wrong with my setup was worrying me worse than not having that channel.

Reactions: . Raine
I'm not having any problem with the KNLC video with my microHD. I added KNLC many months ago by going to the G16 TP List, pushing the green Add button and adding 3791 H 1664. After it locked, I hit the blue search button, go with the defaults, and the channel scanned in.

However, when I do that now, although it locks the signal, the microHD says No Program Found when I do a search.

So trying different parameters, I found that although the receiver always locks on this transponder, it never finds the program with a freq of 3791 MHz. It does find the program when I use a freq of 3792 or 3793 MHz. At 3794 MHz it again can't find the program, although it still locks the signal just fine.

So maybe try a few different frequencies and see if that helps? BTW I'm using a Titanium PLL LNBF, so I don't think my LO freq is off.

Well I be dog gone.That worked Lost Mesa.<3793 H 49 52 49 > got video,but too bright and lots of blotches on the screen.<3792 H 49 52 49 > got a better picture,but still some blotches.Video Resolution is only 480i. Audio is much lower than when I scan with 3791.First time it listed as Service 3 MPEG 4 S instead of a tp#. Signal Quality = 70%.

I'm sure I tried 3792 previously without success.

I'm leaving it alone for now....might lose it if I try again.lol.Thanks Lost Mesa!

Is there anywhere I can read that explains how changing the PIDS and freqs works?

I'm off to Google....

Reactions: lost_mesa
I can't get 3789H, get a singal, but doesn't scan in! Get 3791H, always thought numbers was to close for Micro HD to pickup!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)