Audio buzzing on S2 channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

upnatm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
North-East Lake Superior
Hi all.

My AZ Premium-HD has been giving off a subtle, high pitched buzz that can
be heard over the TV audio.

This only happens when tuned into DVB-S2 channels. It's not very
loud, but noticeable when all else is quiet, and more so when the TV volume
is raised.

The TV is a 42" Panasonic Viera (plasma). Connected to the AZ with RBG video
cables, and a stereo audio cable.
The AZ is also connected to my DVD/home-theater system via digital optical, but
the buzz is not present on this setup.

Is this a bad omen for my AZ?, or something normal with S2 signals?

Anyone else notice this? If you wish to test yours, channel "KLKN" on SES2 (87w)
is showing a Luken "channel available" banner with no audio. Ideal for this test.

Thanks for listening, cheers.

Upnatm,

You are going to have to do some swapping of the audio cables. Since the HTS system doesn't present the buzz, it may be your TV, the cables to your TV or that specific output from the AZBox. You'll have to isolate it by trying a different TV and a different cable to start.

RADAR

Thanks Radar, I'll start with the cables tomorrow, as you suggest.

Another cause could be the clutter that I've let build up over the time I've
had the box. It gets sluggish at the remote and needs a reboot to run better.
I have a hunch that a factory reset might clear up the buzzing too.

I'd also like to try MarkVA's channel list, I've already saved a copy of it.

Once again, thanks for listening, cheers.

Upnatm,

That's a good place to start. I have worked in electronics all my life, even while as a kid (no one paid me then - I just did it because it was COOL!)

But, I learned one thing very valuable. The theory of DIVIDE and CONQUER. I tell you this because it is your post and you asked the question, but I am hoping that others will read it, too.

When do you hear the BUZZ? Only on S2 channels? Or all channels? Is it only one S2 channel? Ask others if they hear audio trouble on that channel. No one but you has this audio trouble? Must be your system. What part of your system could cause such a problem? Enter DIVIDE and CONQUER. What is it? It means to break down your entire system into simple, isolated blocks and perform a troubleshooting process on each block. Start with the least expensive and simplest component and either check it or swap it out with a known good component. Audio / video cables? Easy and cheap! Check them first. TV? You probably have a TV in another room, try swapping the TV. TV and cable swapped? Problem still present? Try a different audio output on your IRD if one is available. Problem went away? Problem is with that audio output circuit inside the IRD. Send it in for repair or use the alternate audio out. Well, it may not work out this way for you, but do you understand the process of elimination that I tried to run through? You break the system down into individual components and evaluate the results. This enables you to isolate the source of the problem. Then you may start to troubleshoot that piece or component. If it is a hardware fault within your IRD, you may not be able to repair it. But, at least you know where the problem arises from and can explain it to someone who can repair it with really good background information. They need your information to speed up the repair process, if possible.

Do your best to troubleshoot your own equipment yourself, it might save you a lot of money in the long run. If it turns out to be simply a bad cable, heck, that would be a very inexpensive repair. If the problem is more intense, then at least you have the info to work with and discuss the problem with a technician or someone here with some background in electronics or with your particular device.

The main thing is to PROVE that it is this or that device that is creating the problem.

Hope you find the culprit and 'git er' fixed! :)

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)