Audio delay

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I am experiencing a pretty significant audio delay on the Joey 3 in the master bedroom, is there anything to be done about it? I check in settings and there was nothing under audio. I have Dolby Digital on, sound leveling off, and Dynamic Range set to wide. The audio is coming out of the TV and going to an LG sound bar connected by optical digital cable. I may look at the TV settings, although I have it set to external audio so not sure if there would be a setting for that in there but will look, I may also check the sound bar as well. Definitely couldn't find anything under settings for the Joey 3. Thanks for any suggestions.

I am experiencing a pretty significant audio delay on the Joey 3 in the master bedroom, is there anything to be done about it? I check in settings and there was nothing under audio. I have Dolby Digital on, sound leveling off, and Dynamic Range set to wide. The audio is coming out of the TV and going to an LG sound bar connected by optical digital cable. I may look at the TV settings, although I have it set to external audio so not sure if there would be a setting for that in there but will look, I may also check the sound bar as well. Definitely couldn't find anything under settings for the Joey 3. Thanks for any suggestions.
It's most likely an Audio Delay in the TV's advanced Audio settings

After some experimentation I believe the delay is in the TV. We just bought the Samsung UN43TU8000 for the master bedroom last week and it seems to be the source of the issue. Over time the digital audio out (optical) seems to gradually increase its delay all on its own. I did find an audio delay setting in the sound menu for the TV but it only INCREASES the delay and makes it worse. If I power cycle the TV only, it seems to reset and is normal for a while but then gradually the audio delay creeps up on its own. Very strange, not sure how to fix it. Thanks for the responses, will do some more investigation on the issue to see if I can figure out a fix for it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I can check, only problem is that I have 3 HDMI devices (joey 3, bluray player, and roku 3) and the LG soundbar probably does not have that many inputs. I could go to an automatic HDMI switch if I had to but that is another device I need to purchase, thanks for the suggestion.

The sound bar has one HDMI in and one HDMI out. I think I will need to use a switch with a remote because the Roku outputs a video signal all the time and and I don't think I will be able to use a signal sensing auto switch with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts