Audio Drop out

rjallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
Several months ago my HD bit the big one. Last week I finally purchased its replacement. I have an 811 with the original HD Pack- $10.00 month. Yes I paid for HD I could not watch...

All was OK before the crash. Now my 811 audio is doing something strange. Right now, I'm watching National Parks on DSCHD- its in Dolby D. I am getting part of the audio- background music and the narrator. But, when an interview takes place, I cannot hear the person. Just the narrator and the background music. I have seen the same thing on and off over the past 4-5 days.

The show before was just fine and was also in Dolby-D according to my receiver and I could hear all the audio. Other channels work just fine. DVDs are OK too.

Connection is by optical toslink- have not tried Componet or Composite hook ups. The JVC receiver powers a 5.1 setup with subwoofer, front channel, front and rear side speakers

Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Rick

I'd say it's a problem with the program source, not the receiver.

I'd say it's a problem with the program source, not the receiver.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats what I first thought....are others seeing the same thing?

If its the source should it not be wide spread. Researched this through the threads and could not find anything.

Rick

There have been cases reported of the center channel not being there, last was for TNT-HD IIRC. Makes for a hollow sound at best. Try the 2-channel audio cables.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts