Audio dropout on HD recording with 722/optical?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also having the problem of audio dropouts on certain recorded programs on the EHD. I copied the program to the 722 hard drive and had the same problem. I played around with the Digital Dolby settings today and I changed to Dolby output to PCM only. The dropouts have seemed to disappear on my recordings (primarily on Soundstage concerts recorded from Rave) but I need to test more. But I am optimistic.

PCM only

Well, I tried this, results are similar to using RCA stereo output instead of TOSLINK, unfortunately it's not really a solution since with "PCM only" you lose DD 5.1 multichannel sound and remains limited to two channels (stereo).

Last edited:
Title: Microsecond Audio Dropouts

I had a 722 installed a few days ago and began noticing some very small audio dropouts. Generally not as long as a single word. I staretd to post a new thread but found this old one with similar reports except that the focus seems to be with optical linkage. I'm using HDMI and no optical. The general observations are these:

· The dropouts are consistently in the same area of the recorded program, but not at the exact same location.
· I can leave the problem area and return to it (through rewind) and the area of dropouts is still there
· I have isolated the problem to be with the 722 and/or recorded signal (not the TV)
· So far, I have noticed the problem only when watching local programming on the 118.7 satellite.
· I also have noticed short momentary (again < second) pixilation of the video but at different times and different places in the recording from the audio dropouts.
· My signal strength seems to be high - around 77-80.

The 722 replaces a 622 and I never had the problem with the 622. However, at the same time that I upgraded to the 722 I had a new 1000+ dish installed. Also the new dish added the 118.7 satellite.

My imagination has me thinking that there may be low digital information recorded on the 722 hard disc at the area of the audio dropouts. The reason for this thought is the consistency in general location but not at the exact same spot. The way that I have isolated the problem is to return to the problem area, hit rewind once (10 second rewind), and an audio dropout or two will occur, but on different words in the sentence.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I will call the DN service people out if it continues but would like more to go on. I know from past experience when I call the DN tech support they will keep me on the phone for an hour or so (including the wait time) and have me do the standard check signal, check switch, reboot, etc, and I don’t believe any of this will fix the problem. If this is a problem experienced by others I at least will know to be tenacious in my efforts to have the receiver replaced.

Is there something else that I should try to isolate the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)