audio goes dead after watching for a while

kenloupa

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have the 8300HDC DVR with BH in central florida---lately, the audio (hooked up by coaxial digital out to receiver) goes totally dead in the middle of watching a show--to get it back, I have to reboot and even that sometimes does not work--I have to keep trying and eventually I get it back--the receiver SHOWS the DD signal coming through the whole time but no sound and I double checked and no mute settings are on....anyone else with this issue? Any fixes? Otherwise, no major issues with the box, which was just put in new a few months ago.
:confused:

It's either the cable box or your receiver. Im going to bet it's the box. Swap the box out. Does it happen when your playing a DVD? If not it's the box, if it is it's the receiver.

It's either the cable box or your receiver. Im going to bet it's the box. Swap the box out. Does it happen when your playing a DVD? If not it's the box, if it is it's the receiver.

The dvr sucks. HD or regular. I am on my 5th one and have yet to find one work longer than 6 months on the brighthouse system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)