Audio Issue on HD LIL

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Every 10-20 seconds I get (as close as I can describe it) a super fast stutter or machine gun noise on one channel 6422 NBC HD Portland. Sometimes when this happens the picture pulls and pixelates. I do not think this is a receiver issue because the problem occurs on both my 622 and 211. I have sent an Email to dish, but as yet have not received a response. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have an idea of a fix?

Last edited:
FOX-HD local did this Tuesday during AI. Totally locked the 622 up... Others in Louisville noticed it as confermed on AVS..

I have observed, but cannot prove, that as much as 75% of the problems we have with 622's are signal strength related. If you get a drop on signal, whether it be satellite of OTA, the corrupted data can and often does crash the receiver. No amount of software or hardware upgrades will totally alleviate this problem. It is similar to corrupt data on a PC, enough of it will crash anything.

My 622 has been very stable since it was installed 02/15/2006, but last night we had 2 thunderstorms come through during the Yankees Mets game on ESPN-HD. Both times I experienced data drop-outs severe enough to cause my 622 to reboot. When the storms passed - things were back to normal. No more problems.

I have also experienced this once with an OTA broadcase. The station was admittedly having problems with their HD transmission and it rebooted my receiver.

Stan Sherman said:
Every 10-20 seconds I get (as close as I can describe it) a super fast stutter or machine gun noise on one channel 6422 NBC HD Portland. Sometimes when this happens the picture pulls and pixelates. I do not think this is a receiver issue because the problem occurs on both my 622 and 211. I have sent an Email to dish, but as yet have not received a response. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have an idea of a fix?

Same problem here, very annoying. I sent them an email Friday, no response yet.

NightRyder

Stan Sherman said:

Me too.

Stan Sherman said:

NightRyder said:
Same problem here, very annoying. I sent them an email Friday, no response yet.

NightRyder

I'm lucky.. what I get instead of that on 6422 is what looks like a missed reference frame. I don't get the machine gunning I just get missed parts of the scene. It doesn't happen as often as you all are seeing it but it happens a lot.

Sam

Received the following from Dish:

Dear Mr. Sherman,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We are curious if you are still hearing this issue on NBC? We appreciate your help.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts