Audio Issue with HR22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edkerins

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Lehigh Valley
I'm a new user on this forum and hope someone has a tip for my issue. I have been getting brief audio interruptions on both live and recorded programming. This happens randomly and on nearly all channels. The audio is interrupted for less than a second with no video issue. When I am sending the audio to my home theatre receiver, I see the display interrupted as well. It also occurs when I am not sending to the home theatre receiver but am using the audio in the TV. I send the signal from the HR22 to my TV using an HDMI connection and send the audio separately to the home theatre receiver using an optical cable. I have been working with DirecTV case management and they replaced my DVR. Problem hasn't gone away. Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

actually I'm seeing it on DishNetwork receivers as well. I don't have my DirecTV installed yet (Thursday can't come soon enough! .....)

This is a very common and unsolvable problem....I have it happen to me all the time as well.

Unsolvable? I sure hope not. I haven't had the service for a week and I just started noticing the problem on Comedy Central HD on my HR24. I'm getting interruptions once ever minute right now.

After complaining to DirecTV about this for two months, the issue was assigned to case management and they replaced my DVR with a new model HR22. I immediately had the same problem. Yesterday, a DirecTV technician visited me and determined there was nothing wrong with my DVR or my setup. He offered to replace the DVR again, with an HR24 even, but I declined. He indicated that this is a problem that can have multiple causes, starting at the source, moving to satellite retransmission and so on. After he left, I called case management and gave them a summary of the visit. The rep actually confirmed the problem, and acknowledged that their engineers were trying to resolve it. I at least appreciated getting an honest answer. Seems to have a lot to do with all the data being transmitted in the packet with HD video and 5.1 audio. Now going to 3D and 7.1 will increase the complexity. I'm guessing they will eventually improve it. DirecTV is a lot better than it was when I first became a customer in 1997. I wonder what kind of issues there are with FIOSS. It's not available in my area, though.

Unsolvable? I sure hope not. I haven't had the service for a week and I just started noticing the problem on Comedy Central HD on my HR24. I'm getting interruptions once ever minute right now.
It is unsolvable in that there's nothing you can do to make the problem go away. The severity of the problem may be related to how fast your audio system reacts to the momentary losses.

It is a problem that has plagued DIRECTV Plus HD equipment on both satellite and OTA for a long time. See more at "brrripp".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)