Audio issues- 722 -- HD fine, SD not so much

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I have a Dish Network 722 receiver as one of the inputs to my Denon AVR-988. In contrast to the other two inputs (BD player and HD-DVD player) which are HDMI-only through the 988, I have my 722 DVR set up as follows: HDMI from the 722 to my HDTV and optical out to the 988. I have the optical out set to the "TV" input on the 988. I also have good old RCA composite cables from the 722 to the 988 (set to "SAT" input).

Here is the issue... while I receive sound through the 988 for all my high-definition channels, I am not receiving sound (via the 988) from any of the SD channels. I can, however, get sound from the SD channels through my TV speakers (HDMI). When I discovered this limitation I connected the RCA cables as I thought it had something to do with the SD channels not being broadcast digitally and there was some conflict with the optical in to the 988 (I do not know if this is the case- channels being broadcast non-digitally- or if it is even relevant). Anyway, after connecting the RCA cables to the "SAT" input, and setting the "SAT" audio input on the 988 to HDMI-No, Optical-No, Component-No... I still can not manage to get sound from the 722 DVR to the 988 on those channels which are non-high definition.

Any thoughts on what might be at fault? Operator error most likely, but where?

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts