Audio issues during DVR playback on Joey

Jinboman

Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Colorado
Hi--posted a positive review a couple weeks ago, but posting my first issue to see if others are experiencing it. I've got one Hopper and one Joey. On the Joey, the audio is cutting out for a second or two on recorded events. It's almost like a skip. Seems to get worse as the recording playback progresses. Occasionally, the audio will distort, become metallic and stutter for about 2 or 3 seconds during any playback. It's annoying more than anything, but doesn't completely ruin viewing experience. Not having this issue on the Hopper, just the Joey. I've tried restarting both, but the problem is still there. Any help or feedback would be great.

Thanks!

I have a similar issue, with my 1 Hopper/1 Joey system. In my case when I start the Joey, it's very jerky and almost always sound is missing. It generally clears up within a minute though. This occurs generally when a program has been paused on the Hopper and rhen I try to restart it on the Joey. Don't have the issue with the house Hopper/3 Joey system.

I have a similar issue, with my 1 Hopper/1 Joey system. In my case when I start the Joey, it's very jerky and almost always sound is missing. It generally clears up within a minute though. This occurs generally when a program has been paused on the Hopper and rhen I try to restart it on the Joey. Don't have the issue with the house Hopper/3 Joey system.

Jerky is a good way to describe the audio symptom. It occurs even if we watch a whole recorded movie without pausing--getting worse toward the end. I do notice that during some of the longer, jerky audio times, the picture also stutters a bit. Again--it's not overwhelmingly bad--but we miss a word of dialogue sometimes or it pulls your attention away from the show.