audio on AMC 21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i1ano2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 17, 2008
I have a Viewsat 2000 extreme. Since PBS switched from AMC 3 to AMC 21, I have not been able to get audio. On my old Mercury II box, I had to set up the audio for the optical, do I have to set something up in the Viewsat?
I have had a lot of difficulty since the switch. After doing a autoscan, I got nothing. I manually put in the tp's, and scanned again, still nothing. I put in the channels, and got 21 video channels, but no audio? I did put in the audio id, but it has not gotten me any sound. Anyone have any suggestions?

i1ano2

Jun 17, 2008
you shouldnt have to add the audio pid. It should scan in properly
Any idea what to do if it does not? I have scanned 3 times now trying to get it to work. The optical cord is the only audio cord I have hooked up, so the receiver is definitely working, I have audio on all other sats. I wish they would have just left pbs on amc 3!

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
The Viewsat 2000 Extreme (at least mine) will not scan in the pid for AC3 audio. I had to use Channel Master to add it the upload the the stb. Sucks, but only way I could do it.

i1ano2

Jun 17, 2008
The Viewsat 2000 Extreme (at least mine) will not scan in the pid for AC3 audio. I had to use Channel Master to add it the upload the the stb. Sucks, but only way I could do it.

That's pretty interesting? I will give it a try, thanks, I hope it works!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)