audio prob after dish and rec. upgrade, local stations only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sawask

Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
north michigan
After mentioning that I was having an audio problem with my directv after the uprade to new dish and rec.(r22):rant:, I was amazed to find out that EVERYONE I spoke with was having a similar prob. :rant:
While watching the local channels there is a strange noise and then the sound goes out for a short period of time. Of course this happens during a critical part of the programming. About 4-6 times every half hour:confused: this is becoming quite annoying and all of us are considering leaving DTV and going to dish because of it.
We are located in northern MI, one of my buddies winters in AZ and said that after his HW was upgraded there he had the same prob. He was told by the tech rep it was because he was hooked up to surround sound!!!:eek:
Some of the guys have even had spells of losing video along with the audio, again this is only for about a second or three at a time, and only with the local channels:mad:.

Makes no difference if HD is active or not.

Tom

Alignment issue? What are your signal strengths on the satellite carrieing the locals? Call and complain. Give Direct a chance to fix it before jumping ship. The grass is not always greener, etc.

Good Luck,Eric

tHE SIGNAL STRENGTH IS GOOD ON ALL THREE SATS!!
There are 10 of us thaT ARE ALL HAVING THE SAME PROB! Started with the new dish,and rec (R22) uppgrade and switch to digital sig!

Will ALL call tech support next week, any ideas in the meantime?

tHE SIGNAL STRENGTH IS GOOD ON ALL THREE SATS!!
There are 10 of us thaT ARE ALL HAVING THE SAME PROB! Started with the new dish,and rec (R22) uppgrade and switch to digital sig!

Will ALL call tech support next week, any ideas in the meantime?

We are having the same issue. Traverse City/Cadillac DMA. Been through two (R22's) and having an "advanced" :rolleyes: tech come out 10/26. Mostly audio drops of 1-3 seconds about 5x's per hr conservatively.

Supposedly this issue has also been escalated to engineering as well. I'd hate to lose my locals in HD. But this is almost intolerable.

I would not wait until next week to call and complain. Directv answers the phone 24x7, call early and call often. It sounds like an uplink issue of some sort.

Good luck, Eric

I contacted 7&4 on September 30th about this issue, as they seem to be the worst offenders. This was their reply:

Subject: RE: WPBN contact us submission - Programming

We are working on the problem with Direct TV but we are not yet sure whose end has the problem.

Sounds like a local STATION problem with the signal getting to D*

Are these coming thru D*, can you do an OTA situation and verify if it's clear with the OTA set up.
If it's still happening with the OTA I would think it's the station them selves

It's not happening on Charter Cable, hooked to the same tv. It happens every 5 minutes or so. A "brrrriipppp" sound, then silence for a second. Then the sound catches up. It's maddening.

It's not happening on Charter Cable, hooked to the same tv. It happens every 5 minutes or so. A "brrrriipppp" sound, then silence for a second. Then the sound catches up. It's maddening.

This is an issue that comes up with unfortunate regularity. A reboot may fix your problem. Have you tried this as a solution?

Rebooting was obviously the first thing I tried. After realizing that both of my neighbors had the same problem, I contacted 7&4. It happens on 9&10/fox 32, but not nearly as often.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)