Audio static on local channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie to satellite, I just switched over from cable 1 month ago.

Anyway, we got set up with a slimline dish, and have 2 HR22's and one D12 (I think). On channel 2 local which is KWGN / CW there is a static buzzing noise about every 3-5 minutes that lasts 1-2 seconds. As far as I have noticed, it only happens on the high definition "version" of the channel. I don't know if it is an issue with our equipment or just a problem with the channel. If it helps we are getting Denver locals and I have only noticed the problem on "2 and 1/2 men" lol.

Thanks, this is a great site I've already found lots of information. I am already much happier with sat than i was with cable.

also, what does "D*" stand for? I know, I'm a NOOB!

U probably wont get an answer here. This is going on all over . Doesn't matter which market, receiver , connections, etc. Local DC channels have been doing it over a year. Was watching ESPN last night , had a cpl buzz ins.

Pretty sure this is totally acceptable for DTV. Mine is not as frequent as yours but have had the same problem. Soon as I have one , I call a friend who is an hour and a half away and he confirms the same things are happening to his DTV conncection.

Good luck but this audio / stuttering, pixelation, frreezing is part of what you bought into :)

Quick Update. Channel 5 Fox in DC ....audio stuttering for both NFL games today. Called everybody I know in the DC area that has DTV....They are having the same issues.

Also channel 9 CBS. So don't reset your receiver, you don't need any new epuipment, etc....Same old crap ! :)

D's handling of local channels has really gotten horrible.

Could any of this be the local affiliates "futzing" with their hardware for the Feb transition? Just a thought.

D's handling of local channels has really gotten horrible.

Could any of this be the local affiliates "futzing" with their hardware for the Feb transition? Just a thought.

That is a good point. It will be interesting to see what happens after the big transition, in what like 71 days now or something.

This makes me think, when I hook up my tv to an antenna, I get channels such as 2, 2-1, 2-2, 9, 9-1, 9-2, etc. Is it possible to get these sub channels with the basic sat equipment i have? (HR-22) or do I need an OTA to supplement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)