Audio Sync Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erico

Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Kentucky
Every receiver in my house is experiencing audio sync issues and cutting in & out after running for several hours. My signal strength is 85, and my receivers all pass the system test. MY IRD model number is DSX5500. Anything I can check? I'm getting frustrated..... Thanks in advance for your help.

Every receiver in my house is experiencing audio sync issues and cutting in & out after running for several hours. My signal strength is 85, and my receivers all pass the system test. MY IRD model number is DSX5500. Anything I can check? I'm getting frustrated..... Thanks in advance for your help.

Unplug (not just turn off) the box - wait @ 30 seconds & plug it back in. Box will go through the "normal" start-up routine.

9 times out of 10 this cures it.

Unplug (not just turn off) the box - wait @ 30 seconds & plug it back in. Box will go through the "normal" start-up routine.

9 times out of 10 this cures it.

I tried that on them all with no success. :eek: For the first couple of years these receivers worked great.

I tried that on them all with no success. :eek: For the first couple of years these receivers worked great.

Time to dig a little deeper then.

If nothing else has changed, take a look at your line of site and make sure that trees, etc have not grown into the LOS.

Check all conncetions for tightness, water intrusion and corrosion.

Post your signal strengths on all sats/transponders. Try taking the readings at different times of the day (sun on and off the dish).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts