Audit Department HELL!

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
These people will not leave me alone, so now I get to go and bash them on these forums!

I got 2 accounts with DISH Network. One is at my Parents house and one is at my appartment...

(Parents House)
(1) 942
(2) 622's
(1) 522
(1) 625

My Apartment)
(2) 622's

For the past week its been nothing but a problem with the receiver Audit Team on both of these accounts.

Wednesday 5/9 (Parents Acct) - I get a phone call from my parents telling me there is no television on any of their TV's. I call customer service and I am told that the account is under audit and to give them a call.

I call the audit department and ask them why they shut down my account and they claimed they tried to contact me but nobody was home. Ofcourse they will not get anyone during the day because we are all at work, yet I specifically have my work number listed on my account so they would not shut down my account like they did last year, yet nobody calls me.

However after a few minutes of arguing with them because I was not available to do the audit because I was not home, they agreed to turn the account back on and gave me 24 hours to do the audit.

Thursday 5/10 (Parents Acct) - I call in and do the audit and pass

Friday 5/11 (Parents Acct) - Account shut down again. I call them back up, inform them I did the audit the day before and they agree to turn the account back on.

Saturday 5/12 (Apartment Account) - Go to turn on the Television in the living room area and find out there is no programming. Call customer service and I am told the account is being audited, I call the audit department and am told their office is closed and customer services refuses to re-activate my receiver without speaking to them.

Sunday 5/13 (Apartment Account) - I call the audit department and pass the audit again with flying colors. Then they tell me they want a copy of my rental agreement with my Land Lord

What the hell, they would not even turn on the 2nd receiver and let me fax in my rental agreement next week. I had to fax in my rental agreement before they would turn me back on.

So from there, I get into a pissing match with the lady and her supervisor and they shut my entire account down! YES, they shut my entire account down until I faxed them in my rental agreement.

AND DISH NETWORK WONDERS WHY CUSTOMERS GET FEDUP AND DISCONNECT THEIR SERVICE OVER THIS CRAP

So anyways, im back on now after spending $6.50 at Kinkos this afternoon to fax in my rental agreement they turned me back on but the question is how many customers do they do this to on a daily basis that get fedup and simply disconnect!

Claude,

I think it's kind of funny, but then my sense of humor is also twisted.

You of all people know DISH and its rules. CSRs can't override the audit department (nor would they if they could) and you also know how "interesting" they can be about enforcing the rules.

As far as how many, last time I heard it was a few hundred a day. Personally, I wouldn't call the 800 number if my life depended on it, and as things stand I HATE ever having to call the CEO number since it's not much better, so I avoid doing so as much as possible.

After reading that, I am STILL so glad I turned their crap service off two years ago. And I never had a 622, or a 522 or whatever any of that is, never even heard of an 'audit'. As for them getting a copy of my lease or rental agreement, they would have had a long wait.

I was audited about a year ago. They shut off my service without a phone call. When I called I was given a audit phone number. From there I went threw there painful yet amusing step by step procedure to make sure I was being a good boy. Then they turned my account back on. I ask why this happened and I was told that I had 2 phone lines and one did not match my my account. I do have 2 lines, upstairs and down. The one's upstairs are on a different number. It's my fax number and it's one digit off from my main account. They will not allow 2 phone numbers on your account. So I just unpluged them upstairs and no problems. I get the message that I will be charged for not connecting my receiver to a phone line but I don't care. FYI they have not charged my account because of the phone line yet. I feel for the people that go threw the audit team. Have a good day everyone:)

So sorry to hear Claude that was all a bunch of Crap.

I told those Nazi a**holes if they ever called me a gain I was going to record the conversation, post it online and send it to every local consumer news show. I'm sorry they have a problem with dishonest people but that's their problem not mine. There are plenty of alternatives available to them that don't involve harassing their customers. :mad:

Claude, I was hassled by an audit team in which they shutdown my account during a complicated inter-state move (I had my receivers in a box so they could not call in ...apparently a big no no!). So I got out my 150$/month dish bill and busted it back to HD only on a single 942 for 30 bucks a month!!!

. I really had no time to watch TV anyways during the move. Thats a 120$/month savings for me and a $120/month penalty for charlie.

THANK YOU AUDIT TEAM FOR SAVING ME MONEY!!! YEEEEE HAAAWWWWWW.

I kept it a 30$/month till I could get my house all setup and in order for 18 months ($120 * 18 months) thats a saving of over 2 grand!!!!!

TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AUDIT DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when I went to hook up again I got a directv receiver and hooked that to my old 300 gigabyte TIVO and left I like that for another YEAR!!! HA HA HA HA..
I had HD on Dish, and all the SD sheet on Directv.

TV is just TV and sometimes you dont have the time to be hassled with actively managing the sat bill every month. If it was just me left alone I would have left the account alone too. Sometimes life just gets busy..

Charlie should get more people on the audit team and help everyone out and save them money. TV is just TV. Computer games ... now that is an addiction....

why did they need a copy of the rental/lease agreement?

They first told me a utility bill for either phone, electric or gas and I told them I did not have it because it was included as part of my rent.

I offered them a cell phone bill and even a credit card statement but that was not good enough for them and thats why they requested my rental agreement.

I know their rules and I passed their stupid audit with flying colors, and then after everything looked good from my part they hit me with the requirement for the utility bill.

But here is why I got into a pissing match with them...

#1 They never called me first, my cell phone is listed as the primary number on the account which I have on me 24 hours per day. They should have had the common courtesty to call me, and give me atleast 24 hours to call them back to go through the audit before they start shutting my stuff down.

#2 I passed their audit with flying colors, and then they make up another reason to keep me shut down by asking for the utility bill or rental agreement. If the utility bill or rental agreement is what they wanted, why didn't they be upfront about it and ask for it first. They could not shut me down because I passed the audit, so they change the rules and start making up stuff as they go!

#3 Ok fine, they want a rental agreement. Turn my stuff back on and give me a few days to provide the required documentation. The stupid bitch supervisor I talked to was insistent that I had to fax the documentation first before she would work with me. All I asked for was to turn my stuff back on and give me a 3 day grace period to fax in the required documentation but that was not good enough for her.

#4 When I raised my voice to her the supervisor shut my service off without my concent, eventhough I was under an 18 month contract with them.

I actually emailed the CEO's office Saturday afternoon before all of this went down, so maybe they will get back with me on Monday.

But im just sick of it, its been 5 days of me dealing with these people. LEAVE ME ALONE!

BTW, the reason why they wanted the rental agreement is because they thought I was using the service at a commercial location.

Good news is that my girlfriend is going to finish moving to Detroit next week, and im going to be moving in with her and transfering the service to her address. It will have a phone line connection on both receivers and I'll also have another rental agreement and utility bill to back it up :)

Why exactly does someone get audited? I have been with E* for 9 years and my parents for 8. We have never been audited.

Thanks,
DT
customer since 1998 three receivers. no phone lines. never been audited..Now, IMO if one account has receivers in more than one location, it is a violation of E* policy...If I understand the poster's situation....Of course if the receivers are all in the same dwelling,in this case if the apartment is in a "mother/daughter house" then E* is wrong in discoing the programming....

Another thing that will trigger an audit is more then 4 receivers on one account. I have a number of rooms in my house and I ended up with 6 receivers. I get calls from the Gestapo about every 2 months. Really wish the audit ho's would grow up and learn to read. I have passed. Nothing has changed. I will pass again. Stop calling!

C'mon, I got 5 Fricken receivers at my parents house, and 2 Fricken 622 receivers in my apartment both on seperate accounts paying 2 seperate bills.

The one they give me an issue with is at my apartment with the (2) Receivers.

BTW, everything is in the same house!

C'mon, I got 5 Fricken receivers at my parents house, and 2 Fricken 622 receivers in my apartment both on seperate accounts paying 2 seperate bills.

The one they give me an issue with is at my apartment with the (2) Receivers.

BTW, everything is in the same house!
Ok..Then WTF is their problem...I would think that more recievers would make E* happy..You're giving them more $$..Or is it their bean counters that think everyone ,including legit customers are potnetial cheats.."F" them!

Im trying to figure out what their problem is also. If I wanted to F them over I would have added a 6th receiver on my parents account and would be using it at my apartment.

The only reason why I got 2 at the apartment is because I got a bedroom and a living room and I like to have the picture and picture feature available, and due to the fact I ran out of room on the first DVR and added the 2nd 622 to have more recording room.

If we ever have USB external storage, maybe I could get by with just 1 receiver!

Not for anything, but im paying for the Everything pack with HD on both account.

Truth is, this is no different than anything else in this world. Go after cheats, and you are more likely to hurt more of the good guys, and the cheats still continue to cheat.

If Dish did this to me, I'd tell em to shut it off, and that I will never, ever, ever recommend them to anyone, even those that I hate. Then I'd send a e-mail to Ceo@echostar (or ceo@dishnetwork which ever one it is) telling them how crappy this was, and that I hope they are happy, because they've now lost a customer and I'll give out my recommendations for Directv or even evil cable companies.

I don't know if you have land lines at your apartment or at your parents' house, but if you do, would it not make sense to plug them into your receivers at both places to make the whole audit problem go away?

If you only use a cell phone, I guess that's a problem.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)