Audyssey - Sub Level Question

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I recently rearranged my living room for better viewing, and reran Audyssey twice to make sure the numbers were ok.

Since arranging, I am not quite as happy with the punch from my sub (slightly different spot than it was) and do not wanna use Dynamic Eq to boom it up. I adjusted the gain on the sub, after running Audyssey, from 50% to 60%. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I figured it was better than moving the trim levels in the Denon 1909, because I think that screws with the curve.

I recently rearranged my living room for better viewing, and reran Audyssey twice to make sure the numbers were ok.

Since arranging, I am not quite as happy with the punch from my sub (slightly different spot than it was) and do not wanna use Dynamic Eq to boom it up. I adjusted the gain on the sub, after running Audyssey, from 50% to 60%. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I figured it was better than moving the trim levels in the Denon 1909, because I think that screws with the curve.

I've said it before. Audessey is a tool. If you need to tweakto get the sound YOU like, I don't see the problem. Personally, I tweak everything.

Would there be any difference in adjusting the sub gain up 10% compared to adjusting the db's in the rcvr menu?

Adjusting the gain is much easier to dial in to me.

Would there be any difference in adjusting the sub gain up 10% compared to adjusting the db's in the rcvr menu?

Adjusting the gain is much easier to dial in to me.

All I can say is that after I ran it, I adjusted the gain on the sub, not the receiver.

I don't think it really matters though, especially if you play with the cutoff on the sub.

Im think the sub is best, as long as you dont go too high. Adjusting the sub does keep the filters in tact for the Audyssey Eq, which is good.

It's not just the settings that matter. The sub location in the room makes a big difference! I suggest you experiment with moving it arround the room looking for the best sounding location.
One popular trick is this: put the sub near your main listening position and walk around the room: find the place where it sounds best. Then put the sub there! ;)

Oh I agree, but my living room, as big as it is, is only really setup for one tv location. Since moving the gain from 50% to 60%, sounds better now.

I am not suggesting moving the TV set! Just the sub! :D

Hehe, sorry should have explained better. The layout pretty much has the furniture in one spot (no room for this big ol Klipsch 12) and the tv in another, so Im stuck.

Even moving it by a foot or two sometimes can make a big difference. Give it a try!

Even moving it by a foot or two sometimes can make a big difference. Give it a try!
Right on about the 1-2 foot move.

My 2 cents: as long as you aren't going about 70% on the level out of the receiver, you shouldn't notice any problem with the sub signal. They are designed to be operated in that range, but can start to sound bad when you crank up the gain/boost above 70% (as a general rule).

I've got my audssey sub setting on +8db out of a limit of +12db, so that's about 67% (ignoring the log scale) of the signal boost and it sounds fine. It's going to a powered sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts