Aug 31 Retailer Chat Live Recap!

I dont see them selling many LCD tv's when the going prices are that high.

Did you know that you can purchase a lifetime Sirius subscription for $499? Thats equal to the cost of subscribing for 4 years and free forever after that. It probably wouldn't be transferrable though if something happened to the hardware. I wonder if you have more than one unit if you can purchase the lifetime subscription for all of them instead of just the one? I wonder how much XM's lifetime subscriptioin is or if it is even offered.

Life subscription is per unit base, just like Tivo service. You are right, if the unit go bad, unless it can be serviced, replacement unit will have to re-subscribe again. As for the multiple units under same account, No Discount on life subscription, but there is the discount on monthly subscription.

Jim looked pretty pissed off everytime he looked over at the four dufuses in the corner, especially when he agreed with the caller and then a dufus said "we cant do that" or "we dont support that".

Well, that's what happens when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing - and at E* it seems like none of the fingers even know what any of the others are doing. :(

So if someone subscribes to the lifetime service and wants a second and maybe even a third one would they just have to pay for the additional outlets? So this is just based on the receiver and not on the account? So if the receiver that had the lifetime subscription purchased on it just happens to be the one to go bad you could not use one of the other ones on the account to still get the lifetime subscription and deactivate the one that went bad?

Stargazer,

That is correct. Subscription is based on unit, not account. If you go month by month, Sirius does offer some discount on second unit, not the life time. You are also correct on the issue if the unit went bad. Unless the unit can be fixed by manufacture, you are out of luck, since the "LIFE" subscription is for the LIFE of the unit (actually the S/N of the unit), not your life on your account :)

Well looks like a goofed, earlier in this thread I mentioned that I thought the new LCD TV's were made by IN FOCUS, however just a few minutes ago I was going through some Team Summit Video footage and the actual company that made the LCD displays which were shown at Team Summit was "Byd:sign"

Attached is a photo of one of the boxes before the put the LCD TV in it.

Attachments

• lcdtv.jpg
    lcdtv.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 112
Right, I was just noticing the "by" is in a smaller font size than the "d:sign" (instead of using a space, like they are being new-age-ish ;)).