August 2005 Voom Originals Highlights

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Compilation of Highlights through August 31st.

Equator HD:

Great Africa: Power
Catch the last episode of our five-part tribute to Africa's environment and culture. A look into the indomitable spirit of the African people from a past tainted by the slave trade to a growing inner confidence and political strength of the individual.

HDnews:

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy (8/8)
The fashion designer known as Manuel has sewn spangles on suits for the likes of Robert Redford, Dwight Yoakam, and the late Johnny Cash. The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame will celebrate the one-of-a-kind rhinestoned and embroidered works of Manuel in an exhibit that runs through November 6. The display will showcase 50 jackets crafted to represent the U.S. states, his personal thank you to the USA.

Coverage of Discovery Landing LIVE (8/9)

Underseas in HD (8/17)
Join us in North Carolina as underwater archaeologists excavate the site of what is believed to be Blackbeard the Pirate's flagship -- The Queen Anne's Revenge. Dredging the ocean floor in an effort to recover artifacts and determine the identify of the wreck once and for all, HDNews goes along for the dive to document all in HD! Airs August 17th

High in the Sky HD (8/24)
Strap on your safety harness as we go down the side of the Sears Tower in Chicago for an exclusive HD close up at the precarious profession of skyscraper window washing. Currently the tallest building in North America at 1450 feet and 110 stories, The Sears Tower is a truly awesome structure.
Airs August 24th

Ultra HD:

Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami (8/22)
Jet off to Miami with former 'Wild On' host Cindy Taylor as she joins the Full Frontal Fashion family to host Ultra HD's coverage of the Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami. See the latest in swimwear fashions from BCBG Max Azria, Esteban Cortazar, Rosa Cha and JLo by Jennifer Lopez.

Rave HD:

Simply Red Live in Taromina (8/13)

Rush HD:

LIVE! Real Madrid vs Zaragoza (2005-2006 Season) (8/27 or 8/28)

Movies:

Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly Tribute

Majestic HD honors 2 of the most elegant male dancers of all time, Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly. These two silver screen legends will astound you with most expressive dancing ever caught on film in It's Always Fair Weather staring Gene Kelly and Cyd charisse then followed by Funny Face staring Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn.

Monsters HD: The Abominable Dr. Phibes *** (1971, Horror) (8/1)
GuyTv HD: Bob Roberts ***+ (1992, Comedy) (8/4)
Monsters HD: Rawhead Rex * (1987, Horror) (8/5)
Majestic HD: The Art of Amália (2000, Doc) (8/6)
Majestic HD: It Runs in the Family ** (1994, Comedy) (8/7)
GuyTv HD: The Left-Handed Gun **+ (1958, Westerns) (8/9)
Majestic HD: Amandla! A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony ***+ (2002, Doc) (8/12)
GuyTv HD: The Great Gatsby **+ (1974, Drama) (8/13)
GuyTv HD: Fail Safe ***+ (1964, Mystery) (8/13)
Majestic HD: It's Always Fair Weather *** (1955, Musical) (8/14)
Monsters HD: Clash of the Titans **+ (1981) (8/14)
GuyTv HD: Best Defense *+ (1984, Comedy) (8/18)
GuyTv HD: Cinema Paradiso ***+ (1988, Drama) (8/20)
Monsters HD: Hellraiser **+ (1987, Horror) (8/20)
Monsters HD: Hellbound: Hellraiser II *+ (1988, Horror) (8/20)
Monsters HD: Son of Godzilla *+ (1967, SciFi) (8/27)
Majestic HD: Unnatural Pursuits **+ (1992, Drama) (8/28)
Monsters HD: The Creeping Flesh *** (1973, Horror) (8/31)

Unfortunately, it may be. Let's wait to see what the other half of the month brings and what their website brings in August once it is updated. On a different note, I saw a piece called 'Environments' on Equator HD. These are represented between programs. I do not remember seeing them before. But maybe an indication that they are going to start producing more content. Who knows? I just hope.

Enclosed are three pics of this piece.

Attachments

• env.JPG
    env.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 224
  • env2.JPG
    env2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 219
  • env3.JPG
    env3.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 243
Sean Mota said:
Compilation of Highlights through August 12th.

Equator HD:

Great Africa: Power
Catch the last episode of our five-part tribute to Africa's environment and culture. A look into the indomitable spirit of the African people from a past tainted by the slave trade to a growing inner confidence and political strength of the individual.

Jewels of the Dark Continent (Special) (8/12)

Ultra HD:

Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami
Jet off to Miami with former 'Wild On' host Cindy Taylor as she joins the Full Frontal Fashion family to host Ultra HD's coverage of the Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami. See the latest in swimwear fashions from BCBG Max Azria, Esteban Cortazar, Rosa Cha and JLo by Jennifer Lopez.

Movies:

Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly Tribute

Majestic HD honors 2 of the most elegant male dancers of all time, Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly. These two silver screen legends will astound you with most expressive dancing ever caught on film in It's Always Fair Weather staring Gene Kelly and Cyd charisse then followed by Funny Face staring Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn.

Monsters HD: The Abominable Dr. Phibes *** (1971, Horror) (8/1)
GuyTv HD: Bob Roberts ***+ (1992, Comedy) (8/4)
Monsters HD: Rawhead Rex * (1987, Horror) (8/5)
Majestic HD: The Art of Amália (2000, Doc) (8/6)
Majestic HD: It Runs in the Family ** (1994, Comedy) (8/7)
GuyTv HD: The Left-Handed Gun **+ (1958, Westerns) (8/9)
Majestic HD: Amandla! A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony ***+ (2002, Doc) (8/12)

Way to go James!!! What does this mean about 20 hours of new HD content for August. I sure am glad there is HDNet. As soon as I get charged for the HD pack I am dropping VOOM. If everyone keeps Voom it will probably not get any better. I am going to cancel just to hopefully be heard. Don't know if that will do any good though.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

Monsters HD: The Abominable Dr. Phibes *** (1971, Horror) @ 6:30pm ET & 3am pm ET

monstershd_phibes.jpg

This is why I dropped voom yesterday. The same movies and concerts playing on a repeat over and over how can anyone watch the same programs. When they add more new programs I will see whats on and see if it is worth the money to watch. HD is nice but give me some verity I will watch the hd pack for now. Maybe this is why voom went bust on there own with the same programs on a repeat basis.

bobd said:
This is why I dropped voom yesterday. The same movies and concerts playing on a repeat over and over how can anyone watch the same programs. When they add more new programs I will see whats on and see if it is worth the money to watch. HD is nice but give me some verity I will watch the hd pack for now. Maybe this is why voom went bust on there own with the same programs on a repeat basis.
When Voom was on there own, they showed a lot more new content. What is ocurring now is very dismall. They could have been a great HD content provider. If they are waiting for something to happen before they start producing additional material then what is it? Why wait? They should be cranking out as much as possible to gain market share while they can (sound familiar?).

Last week I wrote an email to VOOM complaining about the lack of new content on the non-movie channels and still nothing back, not even an automated response :(

It looks like they are trying to sell this to the Dish Network people and disregard anyone of the 50K ex-voomers. How many times I have to see the Peter Gabriel concert and look that's coming up next month :D

More EquatorHD Premieres:

Kingdom of Jabiru
Passage to Vietnam

This is a complete joke :p
VOOM is doomed!!! I can't believe I said it. I'm officially a VOOM troll now :eek: :shocked

Kingdom of Jabiru -- Premieres August 16th.....I think not...
Passage to Vietnam --- Premieres August 2nd.... I think not...

Look Monsters is going to have the Gozilla Marathon for the thrillionGozilla time...

I think that they are just trying to fail with the 10 remaining channels. I doubt that rest of the channels will ever launch. Why launch them if VOOM can hardly put decent new content on 10... I probably counted 25 hrs of new material this month. What a shame... I am paying $1.00 for each program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)