August 2005 Voom Originals Highlights

Thanks for the welcome, man. It's great to finally be able to find a joint to hang out and talk about Voom and Monsters HD :D

That Creeping Flesh is one of my favorite Peter Cushing flicks. I hope we see more Hammer films in the upcoming months.

My personal wishlist -

From Beyond the Grave
Tales from the Crypt
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
The Mummy
The Abominable Snowman
Torture Garden

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

***Premieres***

GuyTv HD: Cinema Paradiso ***+ (1988, Drama)

Monsters HD: Hellraiser **+ (1987, Horror) @ 5:15pm ET
Monsters HD: Hellbound: Hellraiser II *+ (1988, Horror) @ 7pm ET
[/QUOTE]

***Re-Airing***

GuyTv HD: The Professional *** (1994, Crime)

Monsters HD: The Abominable Dr. Phibes *** (1971, Horror) @ 9pm ET

I was glad to see that The Professional was presented in the widescreen version. Last time I caught it, they showed the 4X3 version for some reason --eww. Hopefully they'll throw that one in the trash for good. The widescreen one looks really good.

Damn. Looks like I missed some pretty good movie premieres yesterday. Sadly, sometimes I don't even bother to check what's gonna be on HDCinema2 or Monsters because so frequently it's nothing new. I've been getting my movie fixes from DVD's and HDNet Movies.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami @ 8pm ET ***Premieres***
Jet off to Miami with former 'Wild On' host Cindy Taylor as she joins the Full Frontal Fashion family to host Ultra HD's coverage of the Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami. See the latest in swimwear fashions from BCBG Max Azria, Esteban Cortazar, Rosa Cha and JLo by Jennifer Lopez.​

****Re-Air****

GuyTv HD: Rawhead Rex * (1987, Horror) @ 9:30pm ET

Monsters HD: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein ** (1994, Horror) @ 10pm ET

Sean Mota said:
TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Sunglass Hut Swim Shows Miami @ 8pm ET ***Premieres***

This is what Ultra should concentrate on.... These models have meat... :D

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Monsters HD: Son of Godzilla *PREMIERES* (1967, SciFi) @ 11:45am ET

Nolte Gone Wild
Once pigeonholed in Hollywood as a blonde beefcake, Nick Nolte has since proven the movie industry, as well as the LAPD, wrong. It's been a long time since People Magazine voted him the Sexiest Man Alive, but whether it's on screen or in a mug shot he always commands our attention. GuyTV HD presents Nolte as an inebriated educator in Teachers and a world-weary cop in Nightwatch.

Hey guys, I just noticed that Monsters HD will be airing The Monster Squad on September 3rd. Is this its premiere in high def, or has it been recycled?

Either way.. it's new to me. One of my favorite flicks from when I was a kid. Can't wait to see it in all its 1080i glory :D

Sorry about that. This is only my 3rd month with Voom, so I guess I haven't had it long enough to witness all the repeat programming.

From Sean Mota's updates, it looks like Monsters HD is adding about 4 or 5 new movies a month. Has it always been that way, or did they have a greater library to draw from? :confused:

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Monsters HD: The Creeping Flesh *** (1973, Horror) @ 6:30pm ET and 1am ET **PREMIERES**

CHRISTOPHER LEE TRIPLE FEATURE
From the king of the vampires in Hammer Films Dracula series to an evil wizard in Lord of the Rings, Christopher Lee continues to have a commanding presence as one of our favorite bad guys. Monsters HD presents Scars of Dracula, The Wicker Man, and The Creeping Flesh.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)