360 TWO WORLDS
NDS POKEMON DIAMOND VERSION
NDS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: MAKIN THE CUT
360 GUITAR HERO 2 W/ GUITAR
PSP MADDEN NFL 08
NDS POKEMON PEARL VERSION
360 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 08

Outstanding Wii number.
360 price cut had a nice effect. Up 63%.
PS3 down about 30k from last month. At least the PS3 is staying over 100k/month.

Great numbers for Wii Metroid. Terrible numbers for Wii Madden.

Quotes from a NPD analyst:

"There is no doubt that the window that Sony has to turn this around and bolster their position in the marketplace is narrowing," she said. "With only 4 months left in this calendar year, November and December will be absolutely critical to them to gain more solid ground with the PS3. That said, the story is still not fully written, but it's coming much closer to being so."

"The price cut had a lot to do with the Xbox 360's success. Looking at the unit sales this year, 360 sales had slowed down quite a bit. From our survey of consumers' attitudes about purchasing new hardware, we know that there are a lot of consumers that do indeed wait for price cuts to make their buying decisions. It's pretty clear that the price cut stimulated sales, and in front of the Halo 3 launch, I think we'll continue to see some pretty strong results through the end of the year for the Xbox 360 platform," she explained.

Source: GameDaily BIZ: NPD: Madden, BioShock and Wii Lead Industry to Almost $1 Billion in August Sales

Only a 1/2 million for BioShock? I still am having a hard time finding that game anywhere... The PS3 is toast....They are barely selling 1/2 of the PS2....Whats up with that.... With Halo3, Mass Effect and other exclusive titles on 360....It should be a good Christmas at Microsoft....

Only a 1/2 million for BioShock? I still am having a hard time finding that game anywhere... The PS3 is toast....They are barely selling 1/2 of the PS2....Whats up with that.... With Halo3, Mass Effect and other exclusive titles on 360....It should be a good Christmas at Microsoft....

Ps3 and 360 are not selling well because it takes more then food stamps or a govt check to but them.

New rumored $99 price for the PS2 is going to overshadow the rumored $399 price of the PS3.

Can only imagine the kind of Christmas Nintendo is going to have with the Wii and Nintendo DS, time to erase the record books cause they're going to be rewritten if Nintendo can meet demand.

If I was a dad who knew nothing about games and my kid said 'i want a video game console for xmas' they'd be getting a Wii, PS2 or DS (or combination of those 3).

I think it will take a $299 PS3 to ever become a contender in this generation. Until then it will be a sputtering embarassment, and primarilly touted as a Blu-Ray player inbetween any notable game releases.

Interesting thing I pull out of that report is that the PS3 Madden outsold any Wii game.

If the Wii was such a "great" system, you would think some game would be selling for it.... I Have a Wii, and its been gathering dust for 4 months, and I dont think I am alone...

I have a PS3, and I love this system, Warhawk rocks. I have never gotten into this kind of game, and i SUCK at it, but with 32 players and the combo of planes, vehicles and foot options, there is so much going on, and it plays smoother than any game i have ever played. wait till the word really gets out about this game.

Halo 3will overshadow anything on the PS3, and I beleive the 360 wins this "war", but there is definately room for 3 systems this time. But the PS3 isnt dead, and isnt going anywhere....

Interesting thing I pull out of that report is that the PS3 Madden outsold any Wii game.

If the Wii was such a "great" system, you would think some game would be selling for it.... I Have a Wii, and its been gathering dust for 4 months, and I dont think I am alone...

I have a PS3, and I love this system, Warhawk rocks. I have never gotten into this kind of game, and i SUCK at it, but with 32 players and the combo of planes, vehicles and foot options, there is so much going on, and it plays smoother than any game i have ever played. wait till the word really gets out about this game.

Halo 3will overshadow anything on the PS3, and I beleive the 360 wins this "war", but there is definately room for 3 systems this time. But the PS3 isnt dead, and isnt going anywhere....

Im in the same boat last time i played the wii was july 4th. I got a ps3 after the price drop. After playing the demos for about a week picked up ninja gaiden sigma as my first game, havent been able to put it down. my wife went to work one day i was playing came home I was still playing. "she was like what the f*ck did you move. " Yeah I stopped for about an hour. then it showed it took my 3:57:28 to complete the board i was on and she was like you were playing for almost 4hours I was like yeah and I completed 2 other boards but they only took about 45mins. This might be the first video game I ever actually beat. Then I may either get warhawk or Heavenly Sword.

Metroid Prime for the Wii was only out 4 days.

But I will agree with you, as much as I like my Wii, I rarely play it. We (my kids & myself) currently play our 360 90% of the time.

Looking at the Wii release list, these are the games that interest me, so the Wii is looking up:
Dewy's Adventure (9/25) Depends on the reviews
Zack & Wiki (10/16) Looks like a winner
Rockstar Table Tennis (10/23) I never got the 360 version
Battalion Wars 2 (10/29) Winner
Manhunt 2 (10/31) Have to try it
Super Mario Galaxy (11/12) It's Mario
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (11/13) 1st one was one of the best Wii launch games
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (12/3) Smash...enough said

For the 360, I want:
Blazing Angels 2 (9/18) I loved the 1st
Halo 3 (9/25) Halo....enough said
Orange Box (10/9) Half-Life 2 + 3 other Valve games
Ace Combat 6 (10/23) I love the series
Guitar Hero 3 (10/29) I have 2 guitars...so duh.
Viva Pinata Party Animals (10/30) Kids party game
Call of Duty 4 (11/5) THIS IS A MUST BUY!!!!!!!!
Mass Effect (11/20) Cool action RPG
Rock Band (11/20) Would buy for the Wii but not available

May or may not be interesting but:

November 05 to September 06 of the 360 launch: 67 titles (17 exclusive)
November 06 to September 05 of the PS3 launch: 59 titles (15 exclusive)
November 06 to September 06, 360 titles while PS3 has been released: 85 (14 exclusive)

This is me counting off of the Wiki lists, so certain some margin of error, and some exclusives are crap (Lair, Over G fighters, etc), doesnt count the 66 Xbox Live Arcade games, or the 21 PSN downloads/games.

I can honestly say that the PS3 has had better games during its first year than the 360 did, but i will also say that may be in the fact that developers had time to tweak games that came out for the 360 before they came to the ps3 (Oblivion).

I was just looking back, and I honestly think I have owned EVERY major system since the NES with the exception of the Dreamcast and N64. What I would give to still HAVE them all... it would be a nice collection. now all i have is my ps3, Wii and a Genesis i picked up at a garage sale with 20 games for $20... still havnt plugged it in, but i couldnt pass it up.. games had boxes AND instructions... system had its box but not original controllers.

I find it odd that the regular xbox version of Madden out sold the Wii version. I forgot they even made Xbox games anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts