ps3 update error

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I got a message to update my ps3, in got to 4% then i got an error message. went to try to download it again it shows it was already done 1.93 but when i try to go into the store it will not let me says i need to download the network update first. how can i correct this?

I had that same problem last night, your not getting the new update, its erroring out on the server for Sony. after about 10 tries, i finally got it to take and download past the 4% point.

Keep trying and it will work.

(not at home so i cant see what the new # is, but its a new update that went live yesterday)

Several complaints on the boards about this.

The only suggestions posted were:

sepuldan posted:I unplugged the the ethernet cable from the back of the ps3 and put it back in and it worked.

and the other was the servers were slammed and to keep trying.

Yeah, I had a hell of time trying to download some of the new demos that went up yesterday. I luckily didn't have a problem with the FW update, but the servers were definitely getting slammed.

On my third try I was successful -- my suggestion is that you keep trying -- there are alot of people trying to download 1.93. Incidentally, after downloading the new system update I downloaded 5 demos and 3 videos and did not have one glitch -- hooray!!

I usually just download the update on my PC, and use an SD card to install it on the PS3. It's always faster to do it that way as well.

I usually just download the update on my PC, and use an SD card to install it on the PS3. It's always faster to do it that way as well.
Downloading with the PC doesn't work. The file in the link is only 10M (previous was over 100M), and the PS3 says it's corrupted. Downloading via PS3 hangs at 4%.

Oh well, nothing major with this release anyway.

I restarted it about 4 times and it then worked. I did not reboot the the PS3, it has wireless internet, I was watching the network light, and you could see the retries. Looks like just server overload.

I restarted it about 4 times and it then worked. I did not reboot the the PS3, it has wireless internet, I was watching the network light, and you could see the retries. Looks like just server overload.

yeah i got it on my 4th try as well, i have it with wireless as well.

Mine only failed once. The second time worked just fine.

The first time it stopped at 4%, lol.

Got mine to work on the 3rd try using the PS3 to download the update.
The PC kept getting it's download stopped after 10Meg, making it look like a server issue.

I was able to get my PS3 to download on the 2nd try. It was taking so long on the PS3, I tried using the PC to download the firmware (done this in the past with much faster results). The firmware was out of date last Thursday while doing all of this. I don't know when they finally updated the version, but it was stuck on 1.90 or 1.92 (don't remember which).

Right now, version 1.93 is available for download via PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)