August Promotions for Dish

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
August Promotions for Dish?

Folks: Are there any new promotions that were announced this month? I would like to upgrade to a DVR receiver and am wondering if there was a good promotion. I am looking to upgrade to 510, 721 or 508. I have been a customer with them just over a yr.
Thanks!

Called Dish last night and the only promotion is their Dishing it up promo. You get to lease their equipment instead of buying it. You can upgrade to a PVR 510 by paying $24 or $29, turn in your existing receiver that you paid for and pay them a monthly rental fee of $5 per receiver plus programming fees. No thanks. :(

DarrellP: Thanks. I change the title for my first post but it seems that I cannot change the title as it appears on the board.

Mallu2u, sorry, I just noticed you only have 8 posts. This is posting etiquette, to place a question on a thread, otherwise it appears as information instead. A Moderator has the God power to do this. Moderator? Are you out there?

I agree on the etiquette of the post in having no question mark. I didnt think Dish Network was charging a $5 per box lease fee but a $5 DVR fee per DVR.

No, it's $5 for both, and I thought I spelled out the deal pretty clear in the other place, but i guess not...

You pay the $5 rental fee instead of the mirror fee. The DVR fee is there unless you take the Everything Package just like if you bought the receiver.

Essentially it is a fair deal, you get a loaner receiver for the same $5/month you would have spent on the mirror.

You do not have to send in an old receiver. If you do they give you a credit for installation and shipping.

blfuller said:
You can upgrade to a PVR 510 by paying $24 or $29, turn in your existing receiver that you paid for and pay them a monthly rental fee of $5 per receiver plus programming fees.(

I called on a different issue and this deal was mentioned. I was told that you do not have to send back your old receiver. You can if you want to, and if you do, you will receive a $25 credit on your bill. The guy basically told me flat out not to do that with my 5000 unit. Said I should keep it or sell it on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)