Austin KBEJ Upn 2

what's the deal with KBEJ? are they low power or regular? The 2 reasons dish may not have it is if they're low power, dish does not have to carry it. If they're regular and they are requesting a rights fee for dish to carry it, dish may not like the fee and will not pay to carry it, they could force dish to carry it, but since they feel their channel has value they make dish pay to have it

The station qualifies in the San Antonio market but I dont think it does for the Austin Market (its up there for SA customers)

If you need UPN, get one of the Superstations (WWOR or WSBK) for 1.50 :)

KBEJ is a fairly weak station that transmits about 50 or so miles wsw of Austin. It generally is mostly viewable in the hill country. Make sure your antenna is aimed to the wsw, the exact angle should be on antennaweb. The mention of it being in DMA brings a question I have. Why do I get all of Austin's DMA, but only 2 of SA stations. It seems it should be an all or nothing. This has no impact right now since I can get SA's analog by OTA, but the didgital signal is only around 50%. I live equidistant for Austin and SA(near where KBEJ transmits from actually) and was just wonder why I get all of one DMA and some of the other.
Patrick

I've never understood why Dish can't offer KBEJ for Austin subscribers. DirecTV offers it for Austin subscribers. I used to be in the Austin market but now part of San Antonio. I like it because during baseball season they show a lot of Astros game that I normally would not be able to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)