Author Michael Crichton Passes at 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andromeda Strain is the one I'll remember him for.

Kinda young to go.

Wow hate to see him go.

R.I.P, sorry to hear about that.
One of the best!
My condolences goes to his family and friends.

Wow - I'm floored! Per another thread I identified Crichton as my favorite author (note my sig. line). He will be sorely missed in the bhelms household! I think he had another book due out soon, I wonder if it was completed ?? RIP and condolences to his family, close and extended...

EDIT - I see at the bottom of the linked article that the book was postponed due to his illness, perhaps now forever...

This is a loss in the truest sense...

I was fortunate enough to meet him many years ago when the first Jurassic Park movie was out, and he did a lecture and book signing at the field museum here in Chicago.

Welcome to The Field Museum
(link for the curious)

I remember he did a lecture on the genetic technology he 'created' in the novel compared with active research and accomplishments actually taking place at the time. During the QA part of the lecture, someone asked why alligator DNA was used in the book and frog DNA was used in the movie to create the dinosaurs. Is answer, "because they are both fiction. next question please." lol...it was great.

I asked him during the signing if he was sick of dinosaurs yet, he replied "Oh you have no idea"...lol. Too funny...

I'll cherish the memory and my signed jurassic park hardcover....

Other than that last book, where he felt compelled to get involved in a bit too much politics about global warming, I enjoyed his fiction. He gave lots of enjoyment, and will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)