Auto Hop Explained

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I did find the information relating to auto hop in the forums and on Dish website, but I still can't figure out if there is any way to enable/disable the feature. Also, I've had PTAT enabled since last Friday and the little hop icon is only appearing on a handful of shows. Most do not display the icon. Any links or better explainations out there. Thanks.

Autohop will only work with PTAT shows but not all on them. News shows, sports and weather are excluded and possibly others as well. I use PTAT and autohop and love both of them.

To enable/disable:

Menu, settings, DVR Defaults, Prime time anytime icon, then prime time set up.

Some shows that may not Autohop, local network shows are some

...but I still can't figure out if there is any way to enable/disable the feature.
AutoHop is always "available" (on supported shows) and you enable it on a viewing-by-viewing basis. It will ask you every time you watch a recording with it available.

Or you can choose not to AutoHop when you start to play the program. But if you aren't going to ever use it, the above method to disable would be better.

Good point, it's also a good set up if there are some nights you may not use it at all

Autohop will only work with PTAT shows but not all on them. News shows, sports and weather are excluded and possibly others as well. I use PTAT and autohop and love both of them.

Not completely true, but for the most part accurate. One of our local station starts news at 9 and that is always recorded on the PTAT and shows us as being able to do the autohop. LOL, but who watches news a day later.

Our local FOX does the news at 10pm, so it gets "caught" by PTAT at least (5) nights a week (not sure if they do 10pm news on weekends). It has NEVER had the AutoHop graphic indicated on it.

I find it hard to believe that your local news gets the AutoHop option. I'm quite certain that Dish has a list of program/show names that it applies it to and simply not EVERYTHING that's on between 8 and 11pm.

Notice the guy getting AutoHop on his local news is in Colorado. Hmmmm

Of course, for the OP's benefit, the AutoHop feature is available only after 1AM local time, or enough time for the Hopper to do its thing so the recordings are ready for AutoHop.

Of course, for the OP's benefit, the AutoHop feature is available only after 1AM local time, or enough time for the Hopper to do its thing so the recordings are ready for AutoHop.

Those on the east coast have it available after 4am, not 1am.

My autohop often is not available for shows on at 10pm for some reason. I have have working with dish software on the issue for more than 3 months now. Really irritating, but when it works properly I love it and I bet you will too. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My autohop often is not available for shows on at 10pm for some reason. I have have working with dish software on the issue for more than 3 months now. Really irritating, but when it works properly I love it and I bet you will too. :)

Here in St Louis central time, I don't see the autohop icon till 3:30 to 4am, sometimes a little earlier. Also the Fox news comes on here at 9pm and I have never seen the autohop icon.

Yeah, that would be kind of stinky if you did not want to wait until "normal human" hours the next day. But even with a slow process to get it to work, it really is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts