Auto Standby

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riderj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
Branson
A few months back Dish implemented a feature/bug to detect that if your TV is turned off, then in a few minutes the receiver goes into standby.

It doesn’t detect my TV. I turn off the Living Room TV, and then turn on the bedroom TV. The receiver turns off as I said.

I know why it does it. The bedroom TV is connected to the back of the Hopper with Component Cables.

I hope that a DISH Support guy will have some insight on this.

Merry Christmas

A few months back Dish implemented a feature/bug to detect that if your TV is turned off, then in a few minutes the receiver goes into standby.

It doesn’t detect my TV. I turn off the Living Room TV, and then turn on the bedroom TV. The receiver turns off as I said.

I know why it does it. The bedroom TV is connected to the back of the Hopper with Component Cables.

I hope that a DISH Support guy will have some insight on this.
Merry Christmas
I'm confused. One by the way you wrote and two, by not understanding what your issue is

I'm confused. One by the way you wrote and two, by not understanding what your issue is
I think he is turning off his living room TV and then going into the bedroom and turning that TV on. The bedroom TV is connected to the Hopper in the living room via component cables (?). I believe his issue is that he doesn't get a picture on the bedroom TV because the Hopper went into standby. He thinks the Hopper should recognize that the bedroom TV turned on and come out of standby. It won't because that would need an HDMI connection to work. Component or composite cabling isn't recognized.

Last edited: