Auto tune wont turn on Hopper

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Are they EVER going to fix this bug? Auto tune works if the Hopper is on, but it wont wake it up if it isn't. This is really annoying for me as I like to have the Hopper auto tune to NBC @ 5am (before I get up) so i can just rewind to find the weather report (etc) and not have to wait for it to come around again. I would think this would be an easy fix...

We've got a Hopper and a HWS that both wake up to the news at 5AM with autotune. Once in a great while it doesn't work but most every day it does.

Are they EVER going to fix this bug? Auto tune works if the Hopper is on, but it wont wake it up if it isn't. This is really annoying for me as I like to have the Hopper auto tune to NBC @ 5am (before I get up) so i can just rewind to find the weather report (etc) and not have to wait for it to come around again. I would think this would be an easy fix...

You could just record it for now, and then find out why it's not waking up.

You could just record it for now, and then find out why it's not waking up.

It hasn't ever woke up in over a year, when I posted on this topic almost a year ago, others had the same problem. Now I guess maybe it is my unit, kind of a weird problem though.

Sounds like your unit. If this is an important feature for you, then I would RMA it (if escalating to Tech Support does nothing). The Auto-Tune is SUPPOSED to function, and it is a feature you want to use. Sounds like good enough reason to me. You are the customer and you are entitled to what you pay for. You may want to transfer your recordings to an external HDD, then call Dish and get it replaced so that you can enjoy your TV experience. Dish will RMA for any feature not functioning. Dish even RMA's for lights no functioning as they should. Some never use Auto-Tune and don't care, while Auto-Tune is important to others. See that you, the customer, are being served.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)